Need to mount shotgun on tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
I ran into a water moccasin the other day in the horse pasture. We are quite wet down here. I tried to get the mower on him but he got away.

Anyone have a good mount system that might work well on a bouncing tractor? Need something that I can get to easily, remove the gun fast, but yet be secure to not bouncing off.

adapt something from a quad..i used the rubber handlbar mts w/o the clamp for the bars. leaving off the btm half of the mt basically. drilled 2 holes on the fender. bought it at tractor supply

Because mine stays on the tractor all the time, I mounted one of those hard Kolpin gun cases

I took Dun's advice and I am shopping for a Kolpin 6 case. I gotta go out to that sanke infested field tonight so I will just take the 357 with bird shot in it. I can put it in a holster but I gotta be a lot closer.

TNMasterBeefProducer":3utzk2td said:
What about a hand gun with holster? I know the glock 23 .40 cal works real well. Least I like it ;-)

I have several 40's including Ruger, Smith, and Springifeld XD. I don't wanna get off, I don't wanna aim, I don't wanna stop. :lol2:

I just wanna do some drive by shootings. :lol2:

I was on the tractor tuesday. I was dragging a large tree limb to the burn pile. I looked down in front of the tractor and there was a large snake. I tried to drop the bucket blade on him but he escape into some trees. I am not sure what type he was. I have googled and the nearest match was the eastern diamond back. He was about 5 + feet long. Three inches wide, and a dark green almost black with light brown diamonds with light yellow or tan trim around the diamonds. I did not see any rattles. Does this snake sound like a rattler or what. He did not coil he just got away. If not a rattler what might it be. Does the description ring a bell. Help. Tom

kerley":2kjtob4w said:
I was on the tractor tuesday. I was dragging a large tree limb to the burn pile. I looked down in front of the tractor and there was a large snake. I tried to drop the bucket blade on him but he escape into some trees. I am not sure what type he was. I have googled and the nearest match was the eastern diamond back. He was about 5 + feet long. Three inches wide, and a dark green almost black with light brown diamonds with light yellow or tan trim around the diamonds. I did not see any rattles. Does this snake sound like a rattler or what. He did not coil he just got away. If not a rattler what might it be. Does the description ring a bell. Help. Tom

The size indicates it could be a diamond back. The color dark green with light brown diamonds almost indicates a garter snake but I have never seem one that big around here. Did he by chance look like this?

snake.jpg

Flaboy, No that is not what I saw. The diamonds were large brown with tan or light yellow around them. I can not find a picture any where. Thanks for the post. Have a good day. Tom :cboy:

Well, my experience says snakes can vary in color a bit based on their habitat. I most likely was a diamondback based on size and you description.

I did order a Kolpin case based on Dun's advice. I plan to have it mounted tomorrow on the tractor.

I looked at the web site but could not figure out which to order. I figure I will wait until yours is installed and I get some feed back. I hate snakes. Falboy please post a picture of your set up. Thanks, Tom

Ok, I got it and have it mounted. It is much bigger than I thought. I ended up having to mount it under the lid attached to the ROPS on the tractor. It is out of the way and I don't bump my head on it. Probably will just get a leather scabbard for the smaller tractors. This is great for all weather protection though. With the scabbard I will have to make sure and not leave a gun in it in foul weather.

I didn't get any mounts as I was not sure how I would mount it. I just strapped it with nylon straps up under the lid supports.

you can make a fast and handy rifle sheath outta that blue rubbery discharge hose.you buy it by the foot and it comes in alot of different sizes.sew one end and make a flap on the other and you have a nice weatherproof sheath.if you wanna add some "bump" protection roll a crazy carpet(http://www.cbc.ca/arts/images/photoessa ... esign8.jpg) up tight and put it inside,it will unroll and give you a stiff plastic liner.mount with straps or bungees however you like.

kolpins are to big and clumsy less they're hard mounted.

Latest posts