NEED HELP WITH SHOWING CALF

Help Support CattleToday:

LOVESMOOS

Reaction score
I HAVE A REGISTERED HOLSTEIN CALF AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN GET INFORMATION AND POSSIBLY A VIDEO ON HOW TO SHOW HIM. THANKS

Showing a dairy is ALOT different than showing a beef.

I'd try the Hoard's Dairyman magazine. Contact them, the editor or someone connected to the publication. They can point you in the right diresction.

Or call your local extention office.

You said him. Are you showing a steer? Do they even still show holstein bulls anymore?

Certherbeef,
I've been meaning to tell you, I enjoy seeing the Patrick Henry quote on your posts. It's one of my favorites.

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."

AAOK":2u1brzco said:
Certherbeef,
I've been meaning to tell you, I enjoy seeing the Patrick Henry quote on your posts. It's one of my favorites.

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."

Thanks, couldn't put the whole quote on there (too long it told me) or I would have.

I'm tickled you recognized it.

to show dairy cattle you will need a few things.you will need white shirt an black jeans.an a black show halter.as well as learning how to walk backwards round the ring.show sticks arnt allowed with dairy cattle at all.scott

bigbull338":1tvff559 said:
to show dairy cattle you will need a few things.you will need white shirt an black jeans.an a black show halter.as well as learning how to walk backwards round the ring.show sticks arnt allowed with dairy cattle at all.scott

All white clothes scott.

no certs just a white shirt an black jeans.i showed for 11yrs an thats all i ever wore showing.scott

bigbull338":1qbyqf3k said:
no certs just a white shirt an black jeans.i showed for 11yrs an thats all i ever wore showing.scott

Whatever you say scott, but this feller sounds like a young-un and freddy 4-Hers have to where all white. Especially in showmanship.
And if you want to toss out years...I showed holsteins for 21 years. ;-)

When I showed in open class, I wore a white shirt with the farm name on the back and black jeans...but that is a BIG NO-NO in 4-H.

I'm not sure how you determind that I was a young-un or a feller from my question, of which I am neither :D . Thanks everyone for your help. I have seen people wear black jeans and white shirts and also white on white. Now I am not sure *lol* what to wear!!!!

For what it's worth, I showed with black jeans and a white shirt in Dairy 4H this past summer. Quality and showmanship. Same as all the other 4Hers.

why dont you go all out and wear a black shirt and white pants? (but not after labor day)

if someone was showing a brown holstein could he/she wear brown pants?

Don't know about other places but watching Wes Hudson judge dairy today everyone was wearing white on white. Seem to remember it's been that way at every show I've watched since I was 4 when my dad was showing Holsteins.

just wondering why arte u showing holstien bull/steer?"??? the only shows around here are for heifers and cows