need help with cow book title

Help Support CattleToday:

wood2

Reaction score
I consider all the info that is on this cattle forum, I feel its very informational from experiences of fello farmers; my husband says I have a cattle forum addiction! Anyway does anyone have a book title of a tell all info on cattle raising? Info on calving, when and what to vaccinate, names of medications and what they are for,what minerals they need, like I said a TELL ALL BOOK? I would really like the name and even where it might be available to get! I started two years ago trying to raise cattle and I want to do it correctly, or at least to my best ability. :???: :

wood2":14xds10b said:
I consider all the info that is on this cattle forum, I feel its very informational from experiences of fello farmers; my husband says I have a cattle forum addiction! Anyway does anyone have a book title of a tell all info on cattle raising? Info on calving, when and what to vaccinate, names of medications and what they are for,what minerals they need, like I said a TELL ALL BOOK? I would really like the name and even where it might be available to get! I started two years ago trying to raise cattle and I want to do it correctly, or at least to my best ability. :???: :

Just ask me, I will tell you everything you need to know, and a lot things you don't need. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Don't know of any book that might help. I think most people learn from their father/grandfather, some go to school, some by trial and error. Simply put, I don't think there is anything or any one person who could tell you EVERYTHING there is to know about raising cattle. A lot of people could cover the general categories, but I learn something new almost daily, or so it seems.

CKC1586":3igmwuzw said:
Storey's Guide to Raising Beef Cattle by Heather Smith Thomas

A very good "general" book. For the specifics for your area the best source is a local cattleman or LA vet.
It's available from Amazon among other places and possibly even your local library

eisingers stockmans handbook. covers alotta stuff bout cattle and other animals as well. also mrktg,finishing,pasture,ailments..its a covers it all book

Your County Extension Agencies are a good resource as well as the Ag Dept of a university that is close to you. :cboy:

Latest posts