Need advice please

Help Support CattleToday:

vclavin":8iiv9g72 said:
Finally got a response.. fence is finished and they are ready for animals.
BUT!!! Not happy with xtra $1300 I charged to feed and take care of them. They don;t think
they can come out .
What do you think is fair to charge for 6 weeks of caring for, feeding hay, grain, lick tubs and salt blocks and getting bred 5 cow calf pairs.

Blessings
Valerie
At the Texas Beef Cattle Short Course this week, it was reported that Standard Performance Analysis ( SPA)data shows that it costs a few cents over $588 per head per year to keep a cow. I divided that by 12 and it came to a little over $49 per head per month. Round it off to $50 just for easier figuring. That works ot to about $75 per cow for the 6 week time. If you were creep feeding the calves then you will have to figure out what your per head per day cost are and add that to the $75 per cow figure.

BC":w8yd6yog said:
vclavin":w8yd6yog said:
Finally got a response.. fence is finished and they are ready for animals.
BUT!!! Not happy with xtra $1300 I charged to feed and take care of them. They don;t think
they can come out .
What do you think is fair to charge for 6 weeks of caring for, feeding hay, grain, lick tubs and salt blocks and getting bred 5 cow calf pairs.

Blessings
Valerie
At the Texas Beef Cattle Short Course this week, it was reported that Standard Performance Analysis ( SPA)data shows that it costs a few cents over $588 per head per year to keep a cow. I divided that by 12 and it came to a little over $49 per head per month. Round it off to $50 just for easier figuring. That works ot to about $75 per cow for the 6 week time. If you were creep feeding the calves then you will have to figure out what your per head per day cost are and add that to the $75 per cow figure.
What about the hay at $$$ per bale (1 per cow per month and square for calves), city water - unreal -molasses tubs and grain and salt blocks....????
Valerie
Not enough grass so had to dry lot them...makes it even more expensive that's why were selling off some animals!!!!
Blessings
Valerie
PS Thanks for the figures though.

They are picking up the cattle tomorrow. I was told they could "afford" to pay $750 for feeding the animals... never could get her to say that was fair, she just kept saying that was what they could afford.
Looks like I need to come up with a contract for buyers to protect both parties.
Never again!
Blessings
Valerie

Latest posts