need advice on fencing

Help Support CattleToday:

LRTX1":3v8g7qkf said:
Another thing we do thats not "common" when setting corners. Under some of our pole barns, the dirt turns to a real fine sand. It hasn't seen light or water for many years. We pour that sand into the post hole while shaking/tapping the post. The sand fills all the voids without packing and sets better than if it was packed. You can make your pull immediately unlike using concrete.

I imagine, a lot of folks don't have the soil to do such a thing. It's almost as fine as powder.

helping on a fence just south of us in the sand and i pulled out a tapin bar to set a corner. guy laughed at me and said you come from that gumbo country dont u put that bar away. hit the posts with a big hammer will pushing sand in hole. posts endup as solid as any i ever put in.

Sessions":1om9f7cx said:
85bf3753.png

Might help you a little

I helped put some fence up in the " grand canyon" this weekend........you would think Brownwood is flat......anyway. I ask the fellow why we were puttin up a lil short post at the end of the corner. I would have done like you drew in the picture. What he put up with 2 4 ft and 1 short looks like half of what I would use for a pull in the middle of a long run. How did you draw and post that picture?

No wood for me. It burns.

On that sand, push 2 inch pipe 8 feet down into the hole with a tractor bucket. Slide your normal 3 inch pipe corner over it. Drop the concrete in the hole. Backfill and pull wire.

Latest posts