Need a boot recommendation

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Cheap rubber boots are bothering my feet, sweating to much. What is a good pull on work boot? Need it for big and wide (14 EE or EEE) feet. Tried a couple pair of Georgia Boots Wellington-type boots and couldn't even get my feet into them - neck was too narrow. Love my lace up Georgia Boots for town, but need something for the barnyard that I can pull on and off easily.

Ive seen leather boots, with a rubber vamp. Never tried them on. I wear stove pipes. They can be challenging to get on. Nike dress socks, solve most of that. Not sure a good fitting, comfortable, long lasting rubber boot exist. Especially one that won't make your feet sweat.

I'm going to have to shell out some money and get a decent pair of boots.. I hear Dunlop boots are really good, but like any other rubber boot, your feet will sweat in them... I'm tired of chinese boots lasting a month before they start cracking up, and they aren't sold cheap enough for the lack of quality.

I don't wear something like that very often but when I do, I like the pair of Bogs I have.

Son of Butch":2jzsvak8 said:
Red Wing
I like their 1178 - 11 inch pull on leather work boot - or 4239 has pull on handles that look good
Some styles in Extended Sizes up to 19H or they can also do custom - such as a side zipper for easy in and out
http://www.redwingshoes.com/footwear/fi ... /size-14.0

I like the features on that 4239. Going to phone store tomorrow and see if they can order me in a pair.

Rafter S":28khtjb8 said:
I don't know what's available in Canada, but the only work boots I buy are Red Wing or Wolverine.

I will order online and have them shipped to my address in MN, so anything works.

I wear ARIAT heritage rough stock. minimum of 14hrs a day. They are on concrete every day as well as roofs , mud, dirt dust, grass. They wear well and last me approx. 2 years then they get retired to farm work only from there they only last a yr. They would last longer if I would condition and treat them

Ol' 243":2xqdmf51 said:
A man that's got a 14 EE foot, oughta be tough enough to not even wear shoes. :D

Around the yard in the summer, even on gravel, I go barefoot. But barnyards and mud holes require something that can stop (or at least slow down) something like a hidden 4" nail from going through your foot. Neighbors kid did that years ago - went running through their barnyard barefoot and came out screaming with a 6" spike clean through the center of his foot.

It is not just the size of the feet. It is how much more pressure there is pressing down on them than there use to be.

I wear Danner lace up boots in the summer but I have been looking for something like a Wellington that would be easier to slip off and on when I need to go into the house.

Phoned the store about the Red Wing 4239 boots. $190 US. RW sells them in 'H' width, which is apparently a 4EEEE - absolutely fantastic. Had them order me a pair, should be here within two weeks.

Latest posts