National Western Stock Show

Help Support CattleToday:

angusprguy

Reaction score
Here's a segment from last night's "I Am Angus" show about the history of the Denver Union Stockyards:

[youtube]78SBiavaHWQ[/youtube]

This is very nostalgic to me! I lived in Denver in the '30s and early 40's, and remember my Dad taking me down through the Stock Yards when they looked like this video shows, and the Yards were FULL of bawling beef cattle, mostly Herefords. But it certainly doesn't look like that now!

Brings a tear to my eye!

DOC HARRIS

Good stuff Angusprguy,

Even the ads were well made and interesting to watch. I barely was able to break away long enough to get something to drink.

Really liked the interview of the older ranching couple from CO who show in the yards at Denver. An excellent example of genuine farm families.

Thanks for the comments. Here's another sentimental segment about the days of trains and stockyards.

[youtube]hjINRMfzThE[/youtube]

I DVR'd the full show on RFD-TV and watched it the other night. Great production all around!

We have been a few times and love it. But I wish I could have seen it back years ago, just an awesome experience. Wish we could have gone this year. I was so impressed with the yards and they were small compared to years ago. They did a great job with this segment.

Gizmom
Www.gizmoangus.com

Latest posts