N Bar Emulation EXT X S A V Resource ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lrj505

Reaction score
Picked up a few old registered N Bar Emulation EXT pairs cheap, and a Leachman Right time daughter. My neighbor said I should use Resource or Renown , or maybe SAV Super Charger. Thoughts ? Thanks.

The link below is to a bull calf my dad has now. He is an SAV Resource son out of an EXT cow.
He is turning out really nice. Almost certainly going to be a herd bull for us. Will try to get some better pics later.
Dad thinks it's one of the thickest calves he has raised.

https://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=118731

My EXT cows calves are thicker and more noticeable than my Ten X or Ramapge calves. All are days apart.

This is a 102 day old Resource out of an EXT cow. He is the heaviest calf in the pasture. His epds are very pedestrian though and his genomics are also. He is outperforming all my calves with much better numbers and genomics test. I would use resource on all of them.

Another thing that is interesting is that hos genomics test has him at a 90 on docility. I have to push him out of my way and he follows me around wanting me to scratch his back.

Calf looks good.My Ext cows are very calm also. They let me tag and weigh calves without worrying about getting trampled.I plan on keeping the best upcoming Resource x Ext bull for myself. I have a Rampage and a 10x bull calf and the Ext calf's are definitely thicker and more vigorous.

Lrj505 said:
What are thoughts on line breeding Ext?
it was done a lot at Sinclair, they could afford the throw aways,,, XXP is one of my favorite bulls

Good point. 4136 seems like the best compliment to Ext , especially if you think about longevity and feet.

I saw that ST has Extension. I wonder if I can get male sexed semen ?