Mytty In Focus or Rito 1I2

Help Support CattleToday:

Diamond-B

Reaction score
I have 2 cows and 3 heifers to breed and only these two bulls to chose from which would you pick?
heifer #1 is a 2V1 x E161
heifer #2 is a 2V1 x 323
heifer #3 is out of home bred bull (high prime X 1680) x T510

cow # 1 is a E161 X E&B 543 Scotchman 1483
cow # 2 is a OSU Ultra X R&J Ace
How would you breed them?

If you would like reg #'s pm me and I'll send them.

I haven't seen one yet out of MIF that tripped my trigger, ditto for 1I2 but really liked his father. That would be like choosing the lesser of two evils to me. But I'm just an opinionated dipstick.

cfpinz

1I2 makes some very nice females.... not really enough performance for bulls from what I have seen. The biggest drawback to him is the lack of ribeye. So if you aren't as concerned with EPD'd and are more concerned with replacement females 1I2 would be the way to go. However, you might not want to use him on the 2V1 daughters. That might be stacking 2536 a little close in the pedigree. Just my $.02 though.

Dont have a real problem with either of those two sires.... Stack the 2536 cow next year not this year, then if the BW does come up it shouldn't bite too hard... As for MIF never seen him never seen a calf out of him, but hard to argue with that pedigree for making great daughters (Focus x 6595).

MIF is a bull that caught my eye a couple years ago when they first started promoting him through ABS and I have kept an eye on him pretty closely. I hadn't heard much about him but then this summer I interned at Riverbend Ranch and they were using him pretty heavily breeding for this springs calves. The manager told me he wasn't planning on using him but he saw a couple hundred calves out of him and it sold him imediately. He said they are very easy calving with a lot of growth. The only complaint I really have without seeing any of his calves first hand would be that he looks a little narrow in terms of spring of rib. I definitely have plans to use him next year.

SEC":yngbsit0 said:
That makes a lot of sense? :eek:

It's simple. Quite a few of the big namers are using him and promoting his calves, so he has to be the next big thing. Better get yours while he's hot. :roll:

cfpinz

Latest posts