My winter stockpile

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I cut off the majority of pasture since I mowed it for hay and since we got all the rain this is what I am left with.

ResizedImage_1409428098327_zps18d85066.jpg

ResizedImage_1409428100848_zps61bf76d5.jpg

ResizedImage_1409428100257_zps6406c409.jpg

Thanks john I hope so if hadn't been for this 10 inches of rain it would be crispy brown. My luck it snow 3 feet.

Looks good right now, but that crabgrass and nutsedge...you're not counting on that hanging around for grazing this winter, are ya?

Lucky_P":13nfjtdf said:
Looks good right now, but that crabgrass and nutsedge...you're not counting on that hanging around for grazing this winter, are ya?

Na I just like it in my hay the other grasses should hold them over a while.

I love years, when I can stockpile. We had the best grass year of my life last year. I passed on baling some hay to stockpile. As we all know, it's cheaper that way. Turned up the cows wouldn't eat it. Never had that problem before. I ended up buying a little hay to finish the year.

Bigfoot":1i1ffo4d said:
I love years, when I can stockpile. We had the best grass year of my life last year. I passed on baling some hay to stockpile. As we all know, it's cheaper that way. Turned up the cows wouldn't eat it. Never had that problem before. I ended up buying a little hay to finish the year.

I bet if you left them on it for a while they would eat it.

Looking good! I just turned mine in a hayfield last night. I have 3 more fields that are nice green and thick. I might cut one but I'm stockpiling also. Never seen an August that wet and cool :banana: I drove past one and the whole side of my truck is now green. Stay back a few days haha

hicky214":1zamjzx8 said:
Looking good! I just turned mine in a hayfield last night. I have 3 more fields that are nice green and thick. I might cut one but I'm stockpiling also. Never seen an August that wet and cool :banana: I drove past one and the whole side of my truck is now green. Stay back a few days haha

LOL your truck is now the ultimate camo green.

are you going to strip graze it starting in Dec. or Jan.? Have you done any calculations to about how many days of grazing you can get?
Looks good BTW

Banjo":365fqkd2 said:
are you going to strip graze it starting in Dec. or Jan.? Have you done any calculations to about how many days of grazing you can get?
Looks good BTW

Banjo thanks no I haven't done any figuring I figure it will be enough to keep the cattle I have left going for a while. I was thinking about putting them in there November. I got plenty of hay to use when the need arises.

Latest posts