My Steer!

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirlxupx1034

Reaction score
Ok here's the pics of my steer :) He's really fuzzy so I think I'm gunna name him Fuzz, but I don't know yet. Please go a little easy on him, remember he doesn't have a halter on in these pictures so I can't set him up and I'm not a very good photographer! So what do you all think??

martypics_010.jpg

martypics_008.jpg

martypics_006.jpg

martypics_007.jpg

martypics_004.jpg

martypics_005.jpg

I like him also! Great hip, good spring of rib. He'll be very nice with more weight, which I realize will take some time. Good luck with him!

He's really long and breaks behind his shoulders and is a little pinched in the heart. Because he is long, he'll probably finish out a little heavier.
Looks like he's really tame. What's the breeding?

Thanks so much for the feed back!

iowahawkeyes:

He's a maine-anjou angus cross. His sire was a bull from northern South Dakota.

Whats on his left cheek? Is it some sort of brand or a scar?

Moocow11":2relkmy9 said:
ENNOT":2relkmy9 said:
yes it is a brand, that is a great place to brand show cattle

The brand is from the Western Junior Livestock Show. I bought him up there and hopefully I'll show him in the futurity show next fall.

Moocow11":bfmcl8e2 said:
ENNOT":bfmcl8e2 said:
yes it is a brand, that is a great place to brand show cattle

Just wondering, why?

Not many cattle are branded here, except on the stations up north, and those cattle arent shown. But the angus breed freeze brands and they are all done on the hip/rump area.

That butt view picture and the picture over his back just blew me away...then I got kinda taken aback at the side profile.

He does break at the shoulder. I love his thickness a lot. May be a little narrow in the shoulders but the picture isn't great either. His back also looks funny but it might just be the ways he is standing.

Nice calf overall. Just work and work.

-Angus Girl

I think he is a good steer with potential. That break in his shoulder leads me to believe that he is weak topped and that is all hair that I am seeing...idk...i would have to see him in person to really tell. Hopefully he will grow out of it with some feed. I think you will do well with him.