My steer

Help Support CattleToday:

SKF Show Cattle

Reaction score
Please let me know what you think of my steer, Snowman. So far I have gotten a 5th, 4th and this weekend a 2nd. Thank you....Victoria

cows_11-18-06_034.jpg

11-18-06_show_and_misc_054.jpg

He is a good looking steer. What did the judge say about him? Good luck with him and keep in touch as to how you and Snowman do.

He weighs 1010lbs right now. He is really big boned and heavy musceld and it makes him look really big. This last weekend the judge said he placed him 2nd instead of first because he felt the steer in first was more attractive for a show steer. He goes to the fair the first of March. He is the sweetest steer!!! He will be going to another prospect show Dec. 2. I'll let everyone know how he does. :lol:

SKF Show Cattle":3c6nxnm0 said:
He weighs 1010lbs right now. He is really big boned and heavy musceld and it makes him look really big. This last weekend the judge said he placed him 2nd instead of first because he felt the steer in first was more attractive for a show steer. He goes to the fair the first of March. He is the sweetest steer!!! He will be going to another prospect show Dec. 2. I'll let everyone know how he does. :lol:

Good luck to ya. It is great to see youngsters so excited about cattle.
Do your homework, pound the pavement and get those buyers out to the fair to fight over your steer. More folks you have there to bid on YOUR steer the better the price you'll get.
Again, Good luck to ya!

Really nice steer. Someone in your family has a great eye for cattle, looking at this steer & your heifer - assuming you purchased them. If raised, all the more to be praised.
You look very "poised" in the ring. Good job.

Victoria,
Snowman is looking mighty good. I couldn't tell from the ring pictures if your shows are fitted, or blow and show. Either way, judging from the profile picture of Snowman, if you will rotobrush his legs more, and clip them tighter at the hock, and front above the knee, he will appear more attractive. He might also need just a touch tighter clip into his stifle area.

It's tough to judge a rear picture on the move, and from a distance. The clipping and fit job may have been perfect. You're doing a great job. Keep smilin'.

Dan

If I was pushed to find fault with this steer,(other than he's not mine), I would say he might be weak in the topline. Course that could be the way he's standing in the pic.
Good luck with him. :cboy:

i think he looks really good. what breed is he ? he should do really nice in his next shows as it seems that he just keeps doing better and better. is he going to the bartow show this year ( the 15th and 16th of december ) its going to be a really good show i am taking my steer and my charbray angus heifer to the shows this year .my steers looks just like him only in red. well good luck at your shows . :D

He is a shorthorn steer. He will be at Bartow this weekend( dec.2). The 16th he'll be at the Arcadia prospect show and he will be going to the Bartow show in Jan. Are you going to the show this weekend?

i really didnt know about the one coming up this weekend all i heard about was the one on the 15th and 16th . whats the bartow show in january? i am interested if you could get me the info on it .i have been showing steers for 11 years and this year is my second to last year showing and i am trying to go to every show i can . do you ever show any heifers at the hernando county fair ? well good luck at the arcadia show

The show this weekend is sat. only. Check in is at 7a.m-9a.m. the heifers show at 11:00 followed by showmanship then steers. If you go to http://www.roseshowsupplies.com and they have a list of upcoming shows. No I was not at the Alachua show. So far I have shown this steer at Bartow, both Kissimmee shows and Arcadia. Did you show at Alachua show? If so how was it? No, I have never shown heifers at the Hernando county fair. Is it open to everyone and if so when is it?

ya i have a miniature horse sale to go to this saturday so i wouldnt have been able to go to the show . ya i showed at alachua it was really nice and it paid pretty good i took my heifer and steer . my home grounds are hernando they do have open shows for heifers cow/calf pairs and bulls the show is the 20th of april i will post the info when i get it from the office . they just went in and repainted our whole facility and we have one of the newer arenas as well . sumpter also have a nice facility i show there every year . im also trying to go to citrus this year but i still have to get the info on it still . thanks for the show site theres one other one to not sure if you have it or not but its floridaclubcalf.com . :cboy:

I echo what Keren said.

I thought he was a Charolais, he sure is a nice steer.

I tell ya if Carla sees this I can almost guarantee she'll like him.

Latest posts