My little bro's heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Here is my "little" brother (I use the term "little" loosely, he's 15 and nearly as tall as I am) and his first heifer. Well, technically, he's owned a couple other females, but they were just kind of out there. This is his first that he works with and shows. He's actually at a cattle camp in Oklahoma right now with her.

She's an October 15(ish), 2008 born heifer. She's really taken off growing the last 20-30 days, especially. She's still learning to stand still, that's why he's got her head held so high (which makes her neck looking shorter/stockier than it really is).

J_Catalina_-_01.jpg

J_Catalina_-_03.jpg

J_Catalina_-_02.jpg

What do ya think of her?

Ryan

Ryan, I really like the heifer but I do not know anything about the breed so my opinion does not count.

Now as for your little brother, good gosh don't y'all have food in Texas :lol2: . He sure is tall and lanky ... Good luck with the heifer but it sounds like you all have the magic touch running in the family concerning LH's.. :)

hillsdown":3vy6heuh said:
Now as for your little brother, good gosh don't y'all have food in Texas :lol2: . He sure is tall and lanky ...

I don't know where it came from, but lanky is definitely the best word to describe him. I wish I could've gotten that, I'm of the "easier fleshing" variety.

He's pretty excited about his heifer. He's been showing for a little over 5 years now, and he's always enjoyed it but mostly did it just to do it, and is ridiculously good at it. He's got more natural talent than I ever thought about having (he's the type that makes it look easy). But here recently he's really started liking it even more, and wanting to get better.

Ryan

hillsdown":3528haw1 said:
Ryan, I really like the heifer but I do not know anything about the breed so my opinion does not count.

Now as for your little brother, good gosh don't y'all have food in Texas :lol2: . He sure is tall and lanky ... Good luck with the heifer but it sounds like you all have the magic touch running in the family concerning LH's.. :)

HD..go easy on the boy. He's at that age...raging harmones, big long feet, clumsy, pimples and such. He'll get a "pot belly" soon enough. :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts