My how christmas gifts have evolved

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I remember when something like this was 30 bucks or less .. My daughter better play with this till shes 21

ResizedImage_1450392677555_zps5pfmfqg5.jpg

We bought a big fancy one like that for my 10yr old 2yrs ago and it never gets played with. Although she isn't your typical kid, has alot of issues.

fnfarms1":2m53amyh said:
We bought a big fancy one like that for my 10yr old 2yrs ago and it never gets played with. Although she isn't your typical kid, has alot of issues.

Its insane how much you pay for plastic these days whether its plastic cars... guns ... or toys :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

ram":1ql9auiz said:
I would've expected a pony from such loving Dad.

That is what she wants but i dont see that in the future anytime soon

fenceman":1ql9auiz said:
You'll need a full set a tools, a couple hours and a first aid kit to get the thing out of the box.

:clap: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: This is very true

What ever happened to socks and underwear for chrismas? Maybe one store bought or usually something second hand for a special present?

dun":1daikov1 said:
What ever happened to socks and underwear for chrismas? Maybe one store bought or usually something second hand for a special present?

What about an apple or orange? These gifts goes right along with my Dad having to walk 10 miles to school, barefooted, in the snow, uphill both ways. I've heard about the apple or orange from several Aunts and Uncles so I guess that part of the story is true.

My family is getting gift cards this year. I don't know how much more impersonal I can make it.

lavacarancher":24e5r9rq said:
dun":24e5r9rq said:

What about an apple or orange? These gifts goes right along with my Dad having to walk 10 miles to school, barefooted, in the snow, uphill both ways. I've heard about the apple or orange from several Aunts and Uncles so I guess that part of the story is true.

My family is getting gift cards this year. I don't know how much more impersonal I can make it.
Probably depended on how much money the family had. Only he rich kids got an allowance. 3 hots and a cot was my allowance for doing the chores.

We get the kids very little for Christmas. Seems like if you spend a lot at Christmas, they look at you like your just doing your job. Roll in one pretty afternoon in June (when they can actually ride it) with a 4 wheeler in the bed of the truck, and your a hero. For a day anyway.

lavacarancher":numjhdj8 said:
dun":numjhdj8 said:

We give each one a 100 dollar bill they seem to like that. Sure makes life simple.

When there were 4 round gifts under the tree, we all knew what we were gettin.
9b066c36991a997bd57e532691d5cc3d.jpg

(there would also be a bigger square one, which was chocolates for Mother.)

greybeard":29clvpjw said:
A man of your multiple talents should just build one--bigger, better, and stronger.

Yes sir I am already being advised that in the spring im to build a lil club house for the kids with an upstairs and down.

skyhightree1":1v1p6brt said:
greybeard":1v1p6brt said:
A man of your multiple talents should just build one--bigger, better, and stronger.

Yes sir I am already being advised that in the spring im to build a lil club house for the kids with an upstairs and down.
Careful there Jules. Don't make it too big.
There has been in times past, when the builder of such a structure ended up being the occupant when he and the missus got crossways with each other.
(don't ask how I know of this)

greybeard":1r15gb48 said:
skyhightree1":1r15gb48 said:
greybeard":1r15gb48 said:

Careful there Jules. Don't make it too big.
There has been in times past, when the builder of such a structure ended up being the occupant when he and the missus got crossways with each other.
(don't ask how I know of this)

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap:

That brings back memory's! I use to get to spend all Christmas Eve night putting together toys, then the ones we gave them in the box's was my project for Christmas Day, I think I only ever gave up one time :D.

Latest posts