My Holstein thinks she is a dog

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart

Reaction score
My Holstein acts like a dog. When she sees me she moos and alternates from front foot to front foot. She will not stop until I go over and give her some attention. I have to scratch her for about 15 minutes then she is OK. Is she spoiled? She acts like a dog. The other day she wanted to get into my truck and go for a ride. Is this normal for a cow. I have never experienced this type of behaviour before. My herfords were very standoffish compared to her. Shoul I beat her so she becomes a cow again. Only kidding.
The woman from Genex AI lady could not believe how domesticated she was. I am not kidding. I think she is half dog.

Teach her to fetch your paper each morning and you'll have done good.

Does she howl at the moon?

When I was in High school I had a friend who had a calf that would ride in the car with him with its head hanging out the window.

3MR":2b5cag0c said:
When I was in High school I had a friend who had a calf that would ride in the car with him with its head hanging out the window.

Ya'll Okies are wierd. ;-)

Walt

lancemart":xajbmphc said:
My Holstein acts like a dog. When she sees me she moos and alternates from front foot to front foot. She will not stop until I go over and give her some attention. I have to scratch her for about 15 minutes then she is OK. Is she spoiled? She acts like a dog. The other day she wanted to get into my truck and go for a ride. Is this normal for a cow. I have never experienced this type of behaviour before. My herfords were very standoffish compared to her. Shoul I beat her so she becomes a cow again. Only kidding.
The woman from Genex AI lady could not believe how domesticated she was. I am not kidding. I think she is half dog.

Let her ride in your truck and see if she hangs her head out the window. If she does sell her immediately! :lol:

3MR":t7ndnlau said:

You sure it wasn't a sheep? :lol:

Weelll. Im pretty sure it wasnt a sheep. Its not like he was from Alabama or anything! :lol:

lancemart":1kxgerte said:

Maybe you should put a flea an tick collar on her.

Was she shown any time in her life?Our retired show cattle are mostly tame. They come to the gator when we are out in the field. Just don't start giving her any dog biscuits.

There's a cow at work that I have a love/hate relationship because of her doglike behavior. She was bought in February, but never really adjusted to life in the "general population" because of stiff knees. At one point recently she was with a group of cows that were outside, but had to be moved to the parlor twice a day for milking. This was quite a trek for the bloodhound cow, who had to check out everything in between. Miss Friendly accept when it comes to milking...than it's "Miss Steppy."

Latest posts