My Green Kingdom

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
These were taken today. In two weeks, these fields will provide an abundance of grass.

4i0qpx.jpg

2cer9ko.jpg

iwucue.jpg

2132qeo.jpg

6h2v43.jpg

2lxks4.jpg

30063qr.jpg

iegnxj.jpg

2vdl8ae.jpg

8yi102.jpg

33jqvqe.jpg

9904zk.jpg

2rh3bdz.jpg

vnynug.jpg

2yze5wx.jpg

2c11yr.jpg

2qi9tvt.jpg

n4coes.jpg

14d2fth.jpg

2ynjus9.jpg

nyhqs.jpg

xm1fsx.jpg

3310qj8.jpg

16gejvm.jpg

jgjdi8.jpg

14wu14j.jpg

1y0s8w.jpg

33p82t4.jpg

27y0heb.jpg

34z0c1z.jpg

2mnfaxj.jpg

2m5c5ep.jpg

o0wg3r.jpg

wly9f4.jpg

308cccn.jpg

27zbzb5.jpg

2z40q5e.jpg

i1lap0.jpg

2i8azbb.jpg

x279tz.jpg

ofszdx.jpg

16c3uww.jpg

24maywh.jpg

2jfd1dd.jpg

jt02sh.jpg

21dmlmv.jpg

n2n7yw.jpg

1g4r9t.jpg

2rctksi.jpg

9i8f10.jpg

That challenged my internet connection!

Looks nice though :).. You seem to have just a touch more grass than we do, depending on where you look around here.

You do have some steep ground! Looks beautiful.
I think your cows look as though they have lost some weight. :D

Your farm is beautiful, how in the world did you post that many pictures at one time, if I try to go past 4 it times me out. Oh the picture of the humm bulls credentials took a second or two to upload it was a hoot trying to figure out what was there for a minute or two :lol:

Enjoyed!

Gizmom

Thanks.

Brother Azz: You are correct. I have a Cub Cudet Utility vehicle with dumping bed. It is a vital tool.

BCG: The hay I fed in February and March was 5 % protein. It was course and harvested very late last summer. I bought it. They may have lost some condition but not much. Some of those cows in these pictures (not all cows are represented) just had calves. In fact, two of these cows had twins. One of the cows that had twins is thin by my standards. She is pictured below, she is the one who just had a uterine treatment. She is a mongrel out of one of my original mongrel cows - part Holstein.

Gizmom: Copy the photos IMG or URL to a page where you can copy them all at once and load them into your post. Thanks for the comment. My bull has a nice set of credentials. The picture does not do him justice.

Deepsouth: That is my handgun steel plate. Just don't stand too close. Bounce backs off of steel are extremely dangerous. That is why they are not used for defensive pistol which is shot at 15 feet. Cowboy shoots often use knock down silhouettes of steel.

2hwzra.jpg

This is the other cow that had twins about 2 weeks ago. She never lost any condition. She is my biggest cow. As you can see, she is a commercial cow with pinzgauer.
29cw610.jpg

Nice pictures. Your pastures look great. Your improvement projects with the loader looks to have really paid off.

I enjoyed your pictures, Ron! Did the fields get a shot of fertilizer this spring?
What are the evergreens in your woods.....cedar, or some type of pine?

See you found a level spot to hang that gate in last pic. 7 pics up from bottom those lines from renovation (aeration) ?

jasonleoard:

I have not fertilized the pastures. The hay-land is on top the ridge which is the core of the farm. It gets lime and fertilizer. The trees are cedar. Only part of KY that has natural pine trees and hemlock is far eastern KY I the portion that is the west side of the Appalachian Mtn. chain.

fenceman:

Those are tire marks or windrows of cut grass put down by the rotary mower. I mow all my pastures up and down the hill.

Latest posts