My first steers.

Help Support CattleToday:

bizybeehill

Reaction score
oOk here they are. Me first three. Any thoughts. I bought them a the local sale barn. Avg wt 475 when I got them.

100_0408.jpg

100_0409.jpg

:)

What ya gonna do with them? Breed them? :lol: :D :) :lol: :p :shock:

Good for you though.

I think they look real good. Have you vacinated and wormed them? Do you plan on having them on feed? Do you have out a free choice mineral?

nothin wrong with them put up on good feed and in no time be ready for butcher

Vacinate them. Feed them up to 7-800. Sell them as feeders when the market get good. Look like some decent steers calves. Money to be made for you.

Scotty

Scotty":f4wuuhnm said:
Vacinate them. Feed them up to 7-800. Sell them as feeders when the market get good. Look like some decent steers calves. Money to be made for you.

Scotty

I'd worm, cut and implant them as well.

i would worm em, seeing as how they are already steers no need to cut em.
implants NEVER! :(
put em on feed and sell come spring

I think they're nice looking steers. You did good and if they are your first you'll go a long way in learning about and deciding if you want to continue with cattle.

fitz.

Congratulations on your purchase! Three's a good manageable number to start with...you've been researching this for a while I believe...I know others will tell you how to raise them...I will tell you only to enjoy the experience but don't name them or make friends with them.

They have had thier shots hopefully they will stay healthy. The plan is to raise these up to around #900 and sell em. I think I will send one to the butcher, maybe more if I can sell them locally. There is a pretty good market around here for that. The only names they will get are, steak, roast beef and hamburger 8) 8). Gale your right I have been working on getting started for about a year now. I would like to move on to cows and start our own herd, figured steers would be a good way to get my feet wet and learn the basics.

Thanks to everyone for all the comments and suggestions along the way.

Hopefully you did worm them when they got vaccinated.
Good looking for sale steers...now put some weight on them.
Looking forward to seeing pics from time-to-time to see how they are doing....DMc

Latest posts