my first show heifer.

Help Support CattleToday:

gabbyellepaige

Reaction score
2znwuv9.jpg

ehg7cw.jpg

2rf33mx.jpg

i know theyre not the best pictures but she wont stand still.
&nd she hasnt fully been halter broken yet.
but from what you can see i would like to know
what everyone thinks.
7 month old charolais heifer.

Pretty nice...looks to have all the right pieces. Did you ask about halterbreaking this girl on steerplanet? The head/neck pic looks familiar

ohh &nd yes she is weve managed to be able to coral her in this smaller chute to be able
to tie her up but she still does not like to be touched/:
and i still cant walk her.

I have a beefalo heifer that is buffalo/charolais. I dont know a lot about the breed, but if they are anything like my heifer im in love! As for halter breaking it takes time, but she will get it. Tie her and feed her. She will learn it means something nice. She is a nice looking girl

awhh beefalo are soo cute D:
yea she's a little butt but she's getting better.
im in love with her topline!:)

it may be the pictures but she seems small for 7 months :/ what are you feeding her?

just persist, be patient with her, she will understand the halter breaking eventually. I'm not a big fan of leaving the halter to drag due to the possibilities of it getting hung up on something, but if it works for you then all I'd say is be careful and keep an eye out. Tie her up every day for her feed, while she is tied, brush her or hose her down. If you cant get close enough to brush her, use a show stick and rub it along her topline, then you can gradually move closer. for walking, have her in a small yard where she cant get away from you. pull her in small circles using the pull and release method. you pull, and when she moves, release pressure on her head. this is her reward. release even if its only one step. if she plants her feet, pull her diagonally instead of straight forward. also, you want a rope halter with a ring in it. this ensures it releases the pressure, whereas the other one just keeps getting tighter. it may also help for you to walk her and have someone else moving behind her to get her going.

good luck and have fun, she is cute :)

she's about 700lbs.
&nd some proshow calf devloper along with some oats &nd beetpulp every now &nd then.

she is getting alot better hopefully we'll be ready for Texarkana in september.

good luck and have fun, she is cute.
thank you((:)