My First Breeding

Help Support CattleToday:

goldengoat

Reaction score
I had my first calf today of my own breeding. Was too dark and rainy for me to get much done. I think it is a heifer. I will weigh and check it out better at lunch. Was healthy and sucking. Will get pics and more info.

Yea, I should have worded it better. I have had 5 calves now. But, the other 4 were from bred heifers I had purchased. This calf is from my own bull and is his first calf also.

goldengoat":ju8yfqlt said:
Yea, I should have worded it better. I have had 5 calves now. But, the other 4 were from bred heifers I had purchased. This calf is from my own bull and is his first calf also.

Don't bother to respond to him. All he does is go from post to post looking for something wrong to hurt people with..What a sad existance living off the mistakes of others so that he doesn't have to look inward and see himself. :frowns:

3waycross":2z6z0wk2 said:
goldengoat":2z6z0wk2 said:

Don't bother to respond to him. All he does is go from post to post looking for something wrong to hurt people with..What a sad existance living off the mistakes of others so that he doesn't have to look inward and see himself. :frowns:
reckon what he'd see if he did :cowboy:

2/B or not 2/B":3p552qqh said:
Congrats goldengoat! I know how hard it is to wait for those calves to be born and how exciting it is when they finally come.

Now just wait till your first AI calf that you did the AI yourslef comes aorund. You'll be handing out cigars. After all these years I still feel the same way

Yea, Dun, That would be neet. I just ran out and checked on them. Only got one crappy photo. Misting here so not a good day for photos. I had some of my cows getting palpated back in Dec. Guy wanted to show me how, but, I was not quite ready. Probably will try next time. Will get you guys a good pic soon.

Mike G.

Good for you! I remember my first calf. I didn't know what to do. You would of thought my wife was in labor. My first A.I. calf was out of GAR Integrity( yes i know)but it was a great day for sure! Will never forget either.

Update with photos. It is a heifer. 78 lbs. She has a white spot on her r/r leg just like her sire.
539004.jpg

I think mom had forgot about her when I checked on her at six pm. So, I drug mom back over to her to be on the safe side.
539007.jpg

Latest posts