My Dodge pulling a Peterbilt cattle truck

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
We had 40 heifers delivered today, avg. weight 850 lbs a head. The truck sunk down in some wet mulch and wasn't going anywhere. That's me with my 2004 Dodge 2500, 5.9 Cummins with 274K miles--still runs great. The cattle truck was still loaded with the heifers and the driver said he was totaling near 70K lbs. counting cattle, trailer and truck. Of course that Peterbilt helped as I got it moving. But still a neat thing to do and see.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/XQ0C3x8XEvQ[/youtube]

Didn't look like it took much.. just kinda had to get out of a rut.. Good thing you pulled when you did and not after he spun himself down to the axles!

Nesikep":30bssdii said:
Didn't look like it took much.. just kinda had to get out of a rut.. Good thing you pulled when you did and not after he spun himself down to the axles!
Yeah, before I hooked up to him he was just spinning and going nowhere but you're right it didn't take much--once I got him moving he did the rest.

Having had quite a few Dodges, and currently have my 2003 dually Ive had my last one. THe bodys and paint jobs just don't hold up and Dodge just doesn't care to solve the problem.

houstoncutter":1pndxc48 said:
Having had quite a few Dodges, and currently have my 2003 dually Ive had my last one. THe bodys and paint jobs just don't hold up and Dodge just doesn't care to solve the problem.
Same here...i bought my first one a couple years ago. Gonna be my last one. Love the cummins but hate the cheap junky truck they wrapped around it.

Iam sure he appreciated the tug , that's all he needed. Ive been to farms so soft, they met me at the gate with a dozer. Sucks having to clean the mud outta your wheels though .

dieselbeef":37sap0u0 said:
cameraman stepped on something....sounded painful
Yes, that was my 9 yr. old daughter and I don't know exactly what she did--I'll ask her.