My daughter showed her first steer

Help Support CattleToday:

dream catcher

Reaction score
My daughter show a steer this year in FFA at the the fair it was a black angus and she won grand champion Beef Showman Sr. in her class We never exspected that she got a blue in meat class. She has always showed heifer and cow calf but never steer her steer weight was 1383. lbs he was 13 months old. I am so proud of her she did all work herself and paid for every thing herself I just wanted to let everyone know I am so proud of her. When she first got the steer he got real sick three weeks after she got him and he had to stay at the vets. He really lost weight and she manage to get it back on him then he hurt his hock pretty bad she had to ice him and hose him and got that better and he was one tough steer for her to halter break but she did it he was 850 lbs when she got him and he went down to 700 from being sick. And finished at 1383. He gained the FFA teacher said 3.65 lbs a day from Dec to April.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!

None o fmy steers have placed that high before!!!! Congrats to her, and you have right to be proud! Tell her to keep it up!