My darlings

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
I'm aware that posting pictures of my cows on a cattle forum will result in some degree of critique.
That's okay, because I'm apparently operating a bovine rescue sanctuary. These are the genetically inferior and mentally delayed beast that just transitioned from the grass side to the hay and cube side.
I still smile every time I see them. Please consider making a donation, tax deductible of course, so these emotionally and genetically challenged critters can have a life.
I do play Glen Campbell and Metallica back to back, and everything in between. I think they like it, but I'm betting they'd prefer a Bluetooth speaker instead of raspy iPhone.
B53BEAB5-50AD-4357-AE82-B63D65809E71.jpegB2F12DC2-C4B2-4449-91CA-204652DA5CA7.jpeg

I'm aware that posting pictures of my cows on a cattle forum will result in some degree of critique.
That's okay, because I'm apparently operating a bovine rescue sanctuary. These are the genetically inferior and mentally delayed beast that just transitioned from the grass side to the hay and cube side.
I still smile every time I see them. Please consider making a donation, tax deductible of course, so these emotionally and genetically challenged critters can have a life.
I do play Glen Campbell and Metallica back to back, and everything in between. I think they like it, but I'm betting they'd prefer a Bluetooth speaker instead of raspy iPhone.
View attachment 11289View attachment 11290
Some of the kindest people I know, "are the genetically inferior and mentally delayed"

That black/white one is sure a stocky looking little one! Lots of difference in hair growth there compared to here too.

Good looking place and you have a view in the distance to boot. The land has a good lay to it and not flat and boring like mine.

It's time to run them through the chute. I've got that planned for Christmas weekend when the kids come visit. Savvy cattleman am I.
Every time I look at the place, I think; So much work and so little time.

Here's the motley bunch getting moved to last grass. I try to transition from grass to hay over a few weeks period. I'll rotate them in and out of the last grass.

I've never been able to make owning hay equipment pencil out for a small timer like me.

This year sucks because the man I've always bought hay from died without telling me. I ended up with a lot full of inferior hay from someone I've never dealt with.

So in October, I had broiler litter spread on the whole place, overseeded some areas with ryegrass, and and have been rotating more than usual. It's a good lesson for me.

Bo (not Boo) the dog is a really good shepherd. He knows what I'm doing before I do. He gets it done.528B9097-9C3B-4D6E-B3F4-A9ADA4F4BE27.jpeg65DD0FAA-6D24-4779-BDDD-840456F05015.jpeg

Attachments

• 11C20C89-023A-4AA3-9F66-B4F4ED234B16.jpeg
    11C20C89-023A-4AA3-9F66-B4F4ED234B16.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts