My Cattle Are Calving!

Help Support CattleToday:

charlie01

Reaction score
A week or so ago my shorthorn heifers began to calve. (1st's) So far there is i think 14 of them that have calved and still 12 to calve. They are all great mothers with massive udders, and nice looking calves.
Also my older cows are due to calve anytime now just have to wait.

Bought 2 young shorthorn bulls that have grown and will be a perfect match to most of my cows, and today a new bull arrived a MASSIVE i mean MASSIVE shorthorn bull arrived, had a fight with the other bulls and flattened a gate :/ but he weighs around 1200kg.

Can't wait to get some shorthorn calves and shorthorn cross calves on the ground next year.

My first thought was--- Are you nuts
Then I read where you were from :)
Good Luck with the rest of them.

Always exciting to get new bulls Charlie and then to see their offspring. How old are the young bulls, did you buy them at an auction or paddock sale?
Your calving seems to be nice and close together.
Ken

There are 2 young 18 month (i think) shorthorn bulls a 4 yr old shorthorn bull and a 6 yr old hereford bull.

The 2 young ones were bought from a local stud and the 4 yr was bought from a man who bought him from a good stud local aswell. The hereford bull was a poddy calf that i reared and we decided to breed him with some of the cows.

I did a little bit of work for a place just south of here that had a terrific herd of Shorthorns, they always bought good quality bulls. I really liked their cattle.
Best of luck with your Shorthorns Charlie , they sound like good ones, you will have to post some photos of them.
Ken

Latest posts