My Car

Help Support CattleToday:

Front view.
DSC00012.jpg

Now I haven't looked at cars since 2004, but I don't think the Falcon is available here in the US. Looks like a Taurus on crack. :lol: Do they put the restriction on the computers in Australia, too, so they can't go too fast? Looks fun to drive, once you get used to the "wrong" side.

The bird is a magpie. This car is great to drive. We are allowed to have GPS systems in vehicles. Our road speed restricton range up to 110 ks an hour, but the usual is 100 ks an hour. Most of our town speed limits are 50ks an hour. 40ks near schools. Fuel consumption is great. Looked at the newest model of the Falcon the other day. They have some good deals on them at present. $37,000 drive away ( supposed to be $44,000) We paid $26,000 for our car. It was a year old with only 8,000 ks on the speedometer. It was a bargain. When I get some pictures back, I'll show you $6,000 worth of damage done to it by a hopping Kangaroo. This picture was taken after it was repaired.

Nice looking car. I, too, didn't know Ford still made a falcon. I did notice you park in your front yard. Will you be putting it up on blocks soon?

jw":utqlnsnc said:
Nice looking car. I, too, didn't know Ford still made a falcon. I did notice you park in your front yard. Will you be putting it up on blocks soon?

HAHAHAHAHA! It must be a neighborhood thing. The white car in the back ground is also parked in the grass! I am really surprised at how the homes look so much like what we have in the US. This subdivision could be Anyplace, USA.

Nice car too :cowboy: I love red....I just hate trying to keep it clean :mrgreen: I am not sure what the exchange rate is but cars sound EXPENSIVE in Australia :???: I also am curious as to why you would say that you are ALLOWED to have a GPS in Australia???? Here in the US it has never crossed our minds to need permission to have one :)

As a model name, there hasn't been a "Falcon" in the US since the mid-1960's, and the brand died un-loved.
Your cars nose has a lot of "Mustang" influence, I'd say. The 4 doors make it more Taurus. I don't think Ford sells anything that looks quite like that in the US.
Looks like it will eat up some highway. Enjoy!

john250":17oneptj said:
As a model name, there hasn't been a "Falcon" in the US since the mid-1960's, and the brand died un-loved.
Your cars nose has a lot of "Mustang" influence, I'd say. The 4 doors make it more Taurus. I don't think Ford sells anything that looks quite like that in the US.

Use to date a girl that had a sharp little maroon and white Falcon Futura. A real hot rod for 1963. :lol2: Can't remember the last year they made them but then the Pinto came along as well.

TexasBred":3844dkxi said:
john250":3844dkxi said:

Use to date a girl that had a sharp little maroon and white Falcon Futura. A real hot rod for 1963. :lol2: Can't remember the last year they made them but then the Pinto came along as well.

Falcon was Ford's first effort to compete with VW. 6 cyl. Front engine, RWD. Crude, by today's standards.
The Beetle outsold them, so Ford put the engineers back to work and came up with the Pinto. :cry2: :cry2:

Strange world. I dated a girl whose father owned a nice convertible version.

Australian":1rdx6nbs said:
The bird is a magpie.

Ahh, the Magpies Nest. Great bagpipe tune! ( Only andybob would get that one ).

We had a 62 Ford Falcon, it became a "field car" in the mid seventies. Thing ran like a top, 3 in the tree, 6 cyl, not very stylish though.

This car bears no resemblance I can see!

This photo was taken when we visited our daughter and son in law on the north side of Brisbane. There is stacks of new homes in their new area. The exchange rate is currently our dollar is worth 92 cents of yours. Yes cars and homes and land are too expensive. Homes in the area that our daughter lives, for a four bedroom with a very small yard are around the $350,000 mark. The suburb that they lived before that, they are about the $400,000 mark. Too overpriced for what you get. They should truthfully be only about $200,000 and have a much larger yard. As far as GPS I have heard of people being pulled up for touching them whilst they are driving.

No I'm not a car fanatic I looked it up as I thought it looked like my Mondeo.....The Mondeo. Falcon and Taurus are the same car just named differently in the respective Countries. (as of 2012 the Mondeo will be a Taurus, both here and in the US) The Falcon will keep it's name according to the Fords web page.
Ford Falcon (Argentina), a compact car built by the Ford Motor Company of Argentina from 1962 until 1991, based on the North American Falcons but with styling and safety updates over the years.
Ford Falcon (Australia), a full-size car manufactured by the Ford Motor Company of Australia since 1960 but originally based on the North American Falcons.
Ford Falcon (North America), a compact car produced by Ford Motor Company from 1960 to 1970.
Ford Falcon van, a passenger van, based on the Ford E Series cargo van, produced by the Ford Motor Company in the 1960s
Colin it is still a very nice car. Happy motoring. You have to have permission to have GPS systems, they are built into cars here now, I have a portable one, that can be used in the car or on foot, and both my son and me have one built into our mobile/cell phones.

Interesting stuff, thanks Chrisy. I'm relieved to learn that there is enough of a market outside the U.S. to warrant making a special model just for that market.

The three main brands of vehicles in Australia is Holden,Ford and Toyota. You seem to find those that like the Australian Icon Holden stick with it.
The makes I've had over the years have been, Morris,Toyota,Holden and Ford. I have a Mitsubishi Cattle truck. Hyundai,Kia and Mitsubishi are quite popular as well.

Latest posts