Murrays projects 2021

Help Support CattleToday:

The 2 lil farts. Lil bull actually tried to steal the bottle from the heifer last night. I've got her down to 1 bottle a day. They both eating feed like lil piggies!!
Gotta seperate em come feed time or Opal will eat EVERYTHING! 😂
I'll get em moved to the south acre b4 long. Then they can have grass instead of hay.
20210929_183514.jpg

Midnight the bottle heifer is at the sale today.
Sugars lil steer too. Pulled him off mama even tho she is holding condition. I want her to grow a bit and have a break early.

And then there's lil Dumbo the bull calf...
20211021_075818.jpg20211021_075824.jpg
Hes been on feed and hay since I got him. He was about 105lbs.
I don't think you could kill him with a hammer!

Gonna add my oops baby mama here. I plan on feeding her some thru the 2nd trimester to get her a lil bigger. She's less than 700lbs and 3 months along. Be a year old November 27th. Out of my number one cow and Big Sexy the hereford bull.
I'll try and get a good picture tonight when I feed. Shes penned up. I just pulled her off mama a week ago. 🤣
Altho i think mama kicked her off a while back. She's about to calve any time. Appears she's moved up again this year.
She got to come back home after she pregged at the sale barn.
She was bred while still nursing. Dang ol pervert bull! 🤪🤪🤪

Last edited:
Gonna add my oops baby mama here. I plan on feeding her some thru the 2nd trimester to get her a lil bigger. She's less than 700lbs and 3 months along. Be a year old November 27th. Out of my number one cow and Big Sexy the hereford bull.
I'll try and get a good picture tonight when I feed. Shes penned up. I just pulled her off mama a week ago. 🤣
Altho i think mama kicked her off a while back. She's about to calve any time. Appears she's moved up again this year.
She got to come back home after she pregged at the sale barn.
She was bred while still nursing. Dang ol pervert bull! 🤪🤪🤪
Do they normally preg check heifers at.the sale?

Do they normally preg check heifers at.the sale?
They do when you guarantee em open, which i did.
I've seen em sell hundreds guaranteed.
That poor vets arm must be like iron....

Nowadays they are ultrasounding them tho.
The new machines are really nice. Don't even need to glove up. The device is at the end of a tube.

They do when you guarantee em open, which i did.
I've seen em sell hundreds guaranteed.
That poor vets arm must be like iron....

Nowadays they are ultrasounding them tho.
The new machines are really nice. Don't even need to glove up. The device is at the end of a tube.
Yup, our sale barn always checks when they're sold G-O. Lucky for me, mine have always been open.

So Tangie went to her new home yesterday. Same fella that bought George and Annabeth last year. He left George a bull and says he's come along swimmingly. So has the lil heifer.
So we are gonna have Opal, Dumbo, and Rockets daughter in that acre on feed and hay probly thru winter, unless Dumbo sells. He really is a sweet boy. Someone will like him. I'll steer him b4 long.

Got the tag outta 1-6 (rocket and big sexys daughter)
20211023_101439.jpg
And while I had her in the chute, went ahead and gave her some ivermectin. This girl is all natural. Never had anything done except a tag at birth.

Also!!
Think we can break her to lead in a week?
20211023_100053.jpg20211023_100105.jpg20211023_100204.jpg

I think she looks good for an 11 month old bred heifer. (Bred to Richard)
We will see how she does!!

If she is less than 3 months, ABORT HER. Let her grow and then either sell or breed her in 6 months. I would not leave her bred if only 3 months at this point. Mostly when I catch an OOPS pregnancy they are pushing 6 months.... and not safe to abort.

If she is less than 3 months, ABORT HER. Let her grow and then either sell or breed her in 6 months. I would not leave her bred if only 3 months at this point. Mostly when I catch an OOPS pregnancy they are pushing 6 months.... and not safe to abort.
Can't.
Shes Catholic.
We don't believe in that here.

Update on oops mama

Her attitude forced me to sell her.
Rolled my friend up in a corner, she sucker punched me right in the chest. Snorty!!
And then perfectly gentle the next day.

Don't need that!

I want to get a couple pics up of those 2 one n dones. Hopefully i see em this weekend.

O! And believe this.....
That one on the right is a COW ya'll! Every time I see her out in the pasture, I think whos calf is that???
That's Sugar. She raised that lil steer that topped the market couple weeks ago. Lol
Bless her lil heart!
Shes eating same as everyone else now. Shes also most likely bred to Richard for her second! Super excited to see what she does next year.
For reference, the cow/calf to the left of her is my number 1 cow with Richard's 3rd calf! 8ish yr old.
20211030_142934.jpg
20211030_142939.jpg

Update on oops mama

Her attitude forced me to sell her.
Rolled my friend up in a corner, she sucker punched me right in the chest. Snorty!!
And then perfectly gentle the next day.

Don't need that!

I want to get a couple pics up of those 2 one n dones. Hopefully i see em this weekend.
Yup, buh-bye!
64483898_2142495806049805_1286692397094273024_n.jpg

Aint that the truth!
Perfectly calm and chill one minute. I mean ya could pet her and lead her on the halter. Then later its like someone flipped a switch for no apparent reason! Neither one of her parents are that way. I don't get it.

I hauled her and lil red in sperate compartments. When I went to unload em, I opened the center gate first. She went right to smashing that lil red heifer with a vengeance! Then just politely walked right out the dang trailer like nothing was wrong in the world.
Dang sure don't need that crap. I walk amongst my cattle regularly. Thats the last thing I need.

Good riddance!

Got some pictures of those 2 one n dones!
They look much much better, but grass is pretty much going going gone now.
No more ribs showing!!
Calves look great Too!
20211031_111906.jpg20211031_111852.jpg20211031_111537.jpg
The hereford looking calf belongs to the blue roan.
The big red heifer belongs to the red cow.

Something I've noticed..
The roan cow and my brindle cow both have hereford like calves. My brindle was bred hereford. Unknown on the blue cow but I'd sure guess she was bred hereford as well.

Got some pictures of those 2 one n dones!
They look much much better, but grass is pretty much going going gone now.
No more ribs showing!!
Calves look great Too!
View attachment 9844View attachment 9845View attachment 9846
The hereford looking calf belongs to the blue roan.
The big red heifer belongs to the red cow.

Something I've noticed..
The roan cow and my brindle cow both have hereford like calves. My brindle was bred hereford. Unknown on the blue cow but I'd sure guess she was bred hereford as well.
Yep a noticeable difference than the first pics u posted. So should we get an over/under on if they're actually one n dones?😜😂😂

Latest posts