murray grey or aubrac

Help Support CattleToday:

trin

Reaction score
has anyone ever used murray grey or aubrac bulls and what was the results of that

I personally have not used any aubrac cattle but have a contact who has purchased some heifers from us that raises them and I must say that I really like the look of a lot of his crosses. He has some solid red cows out of them that are pretty stellar individuals.

i raise Aubracs; the maternal performance and instincts of the cattle are very impressive. the Angus-Aubrac cross makes a female that is pretty hard to beat: well muscled, moderate framed, good growth, no calving or temperament issues.

i have posted these before and they arent that unique. there are more just like these in the pasture right now. (they just wont stand the right way for me)

some of my pictures
http://5barx.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f ... t=pictures

Aero":10tfr72p said:
i raise Aubracs; the maternal performance and instincts of the cattle are very impressive. the Angus-Aubrac cross makes a female that is pretty hard to beat: well muscled, moderate framed, good growth, no calving or temperament issues.

i have posted these before and they arent that unique. there are more just like these in the pasture right now. (they just wont stand the right way for me)

some of my pictures
http://5barx.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f ... t=pictures
Wow! Nice looking bovines!

Hi, Im just after joining this, Said that I would join because there is so many questions and huge interest in the Aubrac Breed. I am an Aubrac Breeder in Ireland. I am a member of the Irish Aubrac Society. I deffo think that you should go for the Aubrac because the breed is so likeable! They are easy calved, easy fed, and easy managed! The Cows calve down themselves no bother...Which means that the farmer doesnt have to assist the cow and the cow herself will last longer. The Aubrac Breed comes from France, They come Number 1 for everything out of all the French Breeds. The french farmers cross the aubrac cows with the aubrac bulls, to ensure that there is no calving difficulty. The Aubrac Breed also crosses well with the Culard Charolais and Charolais! No matter what bull you give an Aubrac, she always produces a good calf, which means alot. :D I also run a herd of commerical cows, here in Ireland. I must say that the Aubracs are the easiest fed, the easiest managed, the easiest calved and the easiest to look after in general. They produce 'one calf per cow per year'! Which is brilliant because that is what we are all aiming for!The Aubrac And Aubrac Crosses deffintly breed the best calves, there is no question about that! there is new websites setting up which you can visit and find out more about the Aubrac Breed: There is http://www.Aubrac.ie which is the Irish Aubrac Society's Website, there is websites with info about their tasty beef. My website is :DerrybrackAubracs.yolasite.com.
There is no murray grey cattle here in Ireland, But I have seen photos of them. They seem very nice cattle also, but very similar to very popular breeds such as the:Charolais.
Hope my information helped you!
-Catherina-

Murray Grey bulls are excellent. They are very virile, and have a good temperment, which makes them easier to work with. Calf birth size averages 60 lbs, with a good growth rate.
Their Angus/shorthorn genetics would be very good to cross with a continental breed. I raise purebred seed stock for sale. Do not have any of breeding age right now but will be available in the spring.
Cows have strong maternal instincts with good milk production, and are docile and easy to work.
Springer farms LLC