multiple dose vaccine gun

Help Support CattleToday:

mdmdogs3

Reaction score
I was just looking for a multiple dose vaccine gun.
looked on Valley vet's website and they have some that run from $20 to $50
any recommendations?

The Allflex ones are pretty good. They are accurate too. You are probably better to stay away from the really cheap ones.

I have just started using the one that has the hose from the bottle to the syringe. They are good if you are going to stay in one place. Otherwise you have a hard time keeping the bottle higher than the syringe.

I've got a couple of the Roux's, about $37. They're decent enough. Hauptners are nicer but I'm a tightwad. I like the stationary rear grip personally, but the Allflex looks like a good syringe.

cfpinz

Spend the money and get the blue allflex one. I have owned most of the cheaper ones and ended up throwing them away and buying the allflex. I wish I would have bought them to begin with and not wasted the money on the others. They are even better than the metal ones. The metal ones are really easy to break the glass barrel in and the o-ring on the plunger starts leaking after a while. AllFlex all the way!!!

We have Hauptners. Lifetime warrenty. The replacement parts are cheap (o-rings, glass tube). The rest of the parts are warrentied. It is very easy to dissemble and clean.

I also like the short draw on the trigger when administrating. It is very easy to adjust amount for the cow in the chute, too.

I don't know if you get them over there but the only thing I use is a NJ Phillips Automatic Repairable Vaccinator. Costs around AUS$110 here with replacement parts around AUS$25. Metal and glass. They are expensive, but the thing is, I know farmers with 1200+ head of sheep who have had the same vaccinator for 40 years, and it is still going strong. These things will easily last as long as you will :lol: No seriously, they are well worth the extra money.

Latest posts