Reaction score
‎5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
... 3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts..
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night

There's something about those scrambled eggs going through the microwave that just doesn't sound right. Vette, you tried it yet?

Dixieangus":1l1txytg said:
ive tried this recipe, (maybe not right) but it wasnt too good? yalls experience?

got that right!

James T":1l1txytg said:
There's something about those scrambled eggs going through the microwave that just doesn't sound right. Vette, you tried it yet?

Its been tried...

Years ago we had a mug recipe that was not bad, frosted it with sour cream chocolate frosting. Maybe the frosting his the taste? LOL Or there's several different recipes out there and some good some bad?
Valerie

Dixieangus":3gke3nw4 said:
ive tried this recipe, (maybe not right) but it wasnt too good? yalls experience?

Baking isn't really my thing, but the proportions seem to be off. Way too much oil, too much milk for the amount of dry ingred, too much cocoa/flour ratio. and there is no leavening at all. I'd look for a different recipe. Though I don't think you could ever make it work quite right with a whole egg for that small a cake. Seems like that much egg white would always give you a pretty dry cake.

vclavin":5b0dunc9 said:
Years ago we had a mug recipe that was not bad, frosted it with sour cream chocolate frosting. Maybe the frosting his the taste? LOL Or there's several different recipes out there and some good some bad?
Valerie

:lol: I've always said that cake is just a civilised way to eat frosting.
But..no...I don't have a sweet tooth...much... :)

CottageFarm":b3ri5lyv said:
Dixieangus":b3ri5lyv said:

Baking isn't really my thing, but the proportions seem to be off. Way too much oil, too much milk for the amount of dry ingred, too much cocoa/flour ratio. and there is no leavening at all. I'd look for a different recipe. Though I don't think you could ever make it work quite right with a whole egg for that small a cake. Seems like that much egg white would always give you a pretty dry cake.

Must be what bantam eggs are for LOL!!
Valerie

vclavin":2g29hbh4 said:
CottageFarm":2g29hbh4 said:
Dixieangus":2g29hbh4 said:

Must be what bantam eggs are for LOL!!
Valerie

Hey, I never thought of that! ...Of course, I don't have any bantams....oh well

CottageFarm":2uz4ntu4 said:
vclavin":2uz4ntu4 said:
Valerie

:lol: I've always said that cake is just a civilised way to eat frosting.
But..no...I don't have a sweet tooth...much... :)
I've given up on the cake part, just invest in icing and a spoon. :) Or make mini cupcakes, hollow on the center and fill with icing before icing the top. :help: I admit that I have a slight problem...

Latest posts