Mud shot

Help Support CattleToday:

Midtenn

Reaction score
I think the calves are looking pretty good considering they haven't laid down on dry ground many days of their lives. Cows are holding up pretty good with crappy hay but I give them about 4# of 14% every 2 or 3 days.

This was a couple of weeks ago before we got really muddy. I've never seen it like this a 2wd tractor is useless trying to pull a hay trailer.

True Grit Farms":3j5nfz3a said:

This was a couple of weeks ago before we got really muddy. I've never seen it like this a 2wd tractor is useless trying to pull a hay trailer.

At this farm I feed 6 rolls twice a week with a skid steer but the other farms mostly I use a 4wd truck with a spear. Not been stuck yet this year but can't always feed where I would like to....and constantly watching the forecast and planning ahead. Any pretty days are usually spent on the tractor (no cab) unstacking hay at all the different barns so I can use the truck.

jscunn":2czs2o9d said:
Nice Calf mid Tenn, how old is it?

TG,
It is muddy everywhere here too, worst I have seen in years.

I thought last year was the wettest I remembered but this year beats it. That calf in the front was September 26th. He is out of MAR Innovation. Most the other calves are October or early November.

True Grit Farms":2znm65zf said:

My smaller tractor with FWA was slipping and sliding while pulling the hay trailer a couple weeks ago. Thew my hands up and got the 100HP and didn't look back. I don't think I have even started the smaller tractor since. It would be nice for this rain to come when we need it most.

Caustic Burno":1ph45899 said:
Moved the feeder about 11 today.

I will have to move again tomorrow.

Your cattle look fantastic compared to what you see in our area. Ours would need a hot bath with soap to remove the layers of mud on them.

M-5":3tllnpfo said:
This was before Christmas. It's up to 3rd or 4th post right now on this 70 acre parcel over 50 is under water. Only dry spots is where my house is and the hay fields.

If the weather doesn't improve, you may be raising fish instead of cattle.

Latest posts