Mud and rocks. Grrr

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Some of you wont understand what I am talking about when I say mud and rocks. People like Jed and some others think a rock is something to put in the yard.
Due to a neighbor not having some hay moved off the field yet I actually had to start feeding hay for a few days. Not something I usually do in Feburary. I have lots of hay in the barn though so no big deal.
Where I travel through a gate the ground is so muddy it has ruts in it almost as deep as the bottom of a 100hp 4x4 tractor. Well last night I was so sick I could hardly go feed but did and first found a dead calf. Started back to the barn to get a loader bucket so I could bury the calf. Was trying to keep the front tires of the tractor on top of the ruts which did I mention had been made between some big rocks. Front end of tractor slid into the rut bending the tubeless rim and there went the air and fluid. Had a hammer in the tractor so I got most of it stopped before it came loose from the rim. All this still in the mud. I hate mud and rocks. Did I mention how cheap and easy it is to graze all winter?

Rough day sorry about the calf and tractor ... the good thing is you woke up this morning and are here to tell us about the rough day.

I know how you feel but it could be worse. Mud means moisture and that in itself can't be that bad.

Dang dude. Don't you know when your sick you're supposed to stay in bed.
At least you didn't roll the tractor an mess up your back worse

skyhightree1":3k2jw7xo said:
Rough day sorry about the calf and tractor ... the good thing is you woke up this morning and are here to tell us about the rough day.
When I was younger this would have bothered me so much I would have fixed the tire last night and buried the calf after. It was 8 or so then so I just parked the tractor and went back tonight and finished the job. I am getting old I guess. I hate loosing a calf, which by the way got his back downhill in the mud and couldnt get up, but didnt give it a second thought. It happens.

Latest posts