MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Help Support CattleToday:

herefordlover

Reaction score
we went from snow pack to so muddy u cant hardly even drive the gator in places in about 24 hours. out gravle roads are to the point u same as need a 4x4 to go any there. i shure wish it would have thawd out slower and didnt get way to much rain all at once. yes i am griping about rain at least our ponds are over full even the new one we built last summer is about a foot from full and dont have alot of run off.

herefordlover":2hhnmflc said:
we went from snow pack to so muddy u cant hardly even drive the gator in places in about 24 hours. out gravle roads are to the point u same as need a 4x4 to go any there. i shure wish it would have thawd out slower and didnt get way to much rain all at once. yes i am griping about rain at least our ponds are over full even the new one we built last summer is about a foot from full and dont have alot of run off.

If you were down here you wouldn't be griping about it. You'd probably be dancin' in it!

we were dry last summer but went from one to the other and the black dirth on clay we have here just gets slimy the cows cant hardly walk in it its a mess cant wait to start calving if its going to be like this good thing there was green under the snow so maybe the grass will jump and we can get the fall herd out roming around in a few weeks

Welcome to the west side of the pacific northwest! I know, no love for your problems, but it's the way of CT. I have no love for all the folks gripping about 40 degrees, wind and ya da ya da. I wouldn't want 40 below, wind and calving! We hate what we are not use to. Here we are use to knee deep mud, fixing roads and waders.

Mud has a very negative affect on me. I seriously think about only fooling with cattle spring, summer, and fall. This hasn't actually been all that bad of winter.

Normally by this time of year I am very tired of mud. Its depressing to work in. This year has been VERY dry. its making me a little nervous, even if I am enjoying it right now.

Latest posts