Mr Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

LJCB

Reaction score
what are your guys thoughts? I called and got on the list shortly after the sale. The reason I want to use him was pretty much his pedigree. Y69 grandam with a Confidence Plus daughter and his sire Reno. Plus his performance was pretty good 972 adj ww. Will be interesting to see how much the end up charging for a straw.

Looks alright. But I had a vet/seedstock producer once tell me, "young bulls are like women in a beauty contest, they might look good, but some of them might be a real underperformer once you get them home, and you can't tell the difference by just looking at them!"

LJCB said:
what are your guys thoughts? I called and got on the list shortly after the sale. The reason I want to use him was pretty much his pedigree. Y69 grandam with a Confidence Plus daughter and his sire Reno. Plus his performance was pretty good 972 adj ww. Will be interesting to see how much the end up charging for a straw.

Would be helpful if you'd post a link to his sale book, videos and registry data and reasonable reason why he's short tailed.

https://www.facebook.com/767520523326280/photos/pcb.2385722828172700/2385722244839425/?type=3&theater

http://www.angusjournal.com/salebooks/graber090219api/#page/8

I guess he is only 8 months old. I bet he ends up looking alittle different. My attraction was the pedigree and performance .

I agree that his original picture isn't the most flattering. We also got on the list for this bull because of his pedigree. We've been waiting for another Spring Cove Reno son to come along since he died. There's been a few, but none as exciting of as him in my opinion.

Here's a few pictures that someone posted.

A lot of talk and promo, I'd sure as heck get another pic, A LOT better pic, with a write up like that one.

Is it me or is ST making a lot of headway on the big 3? (As a whole, not because of this particular bull)

torogmc81 said:
A lot of talk and promo, I'd sure as heck get another pic, A LOT better pic, with a write up like that one.

Is it me or is ST making a lot of headway on the big 3? (As a whole, not because of this particular bull)

I agree with you on ST and I think Alta is pushing the door with them. I find my self looking at them a lot a lot more lately .

Kinda a rant but I was just got byergos catalog in the mail and I was looking through it and I saw that one the cows (could have been more ) was bred to a bull that I hadn't heard of. So I looked him he's at select for $40. Upon further investigation he was sold for $7500 and I was just thinking to myself why would I pay 40 bucks a straw for 7500 bull. I know you never know what's gunna happen at auction but there a lot of bulls out there that are cheaper per straw that brought a lot more money and kinda vice versa that some of the top selling bulls are getting the same price. Just honestly don't get it.

LJCB said:
torogmc81 said:

I agree with you on ST and I think Alta is pushing the door with them. I find my self looking at them a lot a lot more lately .

Kinda a rant but I was just got byergos catalog in the mail and I was looking through it and I saw that one the cows (could have been more ) was bred to a bull that I hadn't heard of. So I looked him he's at select for $40. Upon further investigation he was sold for $7500 and I was just thinking to myself why would I pay 40 bucks a straw for 7500 bull. I know you never know what's gunna happen at auction but there a lot of bulls out there that are cheaper per straw that brought a lot more money and kinda vice versa that some of the top selling bulls are getting the same price. Just honestly don't get it.

Is it a high$B bull? that would explain it. It's a race to get that next one that tops them all.

Considering a small herd like myself, along with the current bull market, especially for smaller guys, ST might have the upper hand. I know a lot are against sorted, but a guy like me can make a lot of sense of it. I'm really liking some of their selections, especially the two newest Musgrave bulls, Crackerjack and Exclusive. We wont breed everything sexed, but definitely our top females. It makes the most sense especially if I like a bull of ST just as much as an SS Genex or ABS bull

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Ebenezer said:
Plan on feeding more.

I saw that number. I feed zero now so anything above that qualifies as more I suppose.
Those are good cattle if they currently live off of air and water.

While on a roll of jokes, this particular bull outgrew his tail. Sort of like broilers and their bare behinds: more chicken than feathers.

His dam has no calves recorded and her HP is poor. Any HP improvement came from the sire. I'm not sure that works so well due to the inheritance of mitochondrial DNA coming from the dam's side. I could be wrong but favor the dam's influence showing up more. But more power to them for their sales effort. I'd consider him a terminal type until there is more proof.

Ebenezer said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Ebenezer said:
Plan on feeding more.

I saw that number. I feed zero now so anything above that qualifies as more I suppose.
Those are good cattle if they currently live off of air and water.

While on a roll of jokes, this particular bull outgrew his tail. Sort of like broilers and their bare behinds: more chicken than feathers.

His dam has no calves recorded and her HP is poor. Any HP improvement came from the sire. I'm not sure that works so well due to the inheritance of mitochondrial DNA coming from the dam's side. I could be wrong but favor the dam's influence showing up more. But more power to them for their sales effort. I'd consider him a terminal type until there is more proof.

Terminal type huh? What a coincidence, that exactly what I had in mind.

Oh, and I don't count the blades of grass the cattle consume, glad you've got a system for that.

torogmc81 said:

ST has some really nice bulls.

Latest posts