Mower completed (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy?

Reaction score
Ok, got it done this weekend and tested it. All seems to be ok. Plan to work it hard the end of this week if the weather cooperates.

donemow.jpg

Now don't laugh at my curtain. It only cost me $35 for the 10 ounce tarp and $4 for some Goop to glue the ends on from another tarp.

donemow1.jpg

donemow2.jpg

alabama":1heicdzd said:
Great looking tarp. Will you make me one next time I need one?

It's a finished 10x8. If I had it to do over I would have went with the next size up and just cut it down and glued the ends together. I got one of those ring inserter tools (China) and put the rings in to hold it and then Goop'd the seams together. I used the stuff called Automotive Goop. I figure if I get two years out of it that will be great since Bush Hog wanted $500 for the cover.

Ironpeddler, I looked at your web site and the one for mine would have been $250 plus shipping and possibly tax. I can buy a lot of tarps for that. :lol:

Jogeephus":3310sli9 said:
Cherry!!! Good job. Need another project?! ;-) :lol:

I keep saying I am getting out of the BIG PROJECT game but somehow it seems I always have one. This winter I am looking at buying and rebuilding another MF tractor if I can get it for the price I am willing to pay. :lol:

Well flaboy look's like you done a fine job on the mower.Good to know folk's take pride in what they do.

rattler

OK folks, I cut 10 acres with the mower last week and all went well. Even my homemade curtain worked just fine. Glad I didn't cut anymore though as the window of good weather closed rapidly.

Now, I guess I can work on the backup (Fort) mower. Anyone know where to get parts for Fort mowers? Thanks

molassesman":2qk2acwq said:
Looks like a good job on the mower, I have one like it, where did you get the new parts for it, if you don't mind telling. I sure would appreciate it, thanks.

I got them here http://www.messicks.com You can order online with a great parts display system or call and ask for Scott Messicks. Best prices I could find. He drop shipped the parts to me direct from the factory. I got the gearbox in two days. Tell him some old boy in Florida sent you. :lol: