Moving Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Yesterday I penned some cows and calves. The calves were weaned about a month ago I have eighteen acres of rye grass that is coming on about six inches now. I separated about ten of these calves into the load out pen. I could get maybe 4 or 5 in the trailer and would turn to gather some more to load abut the time you had the other group the ones in the trailer were unloading. Finally got six loaded and shut tail gate and hauled them. Looked the situation over and decided to load through the head gate. You could get six or seven in the chute and would get to the trailer and stop. Finally one wold load and then somewhere. Go and get six or seven more in the chute and the ones on the trailer were unloading. Finally a cousin came by and helped me. I told my wife that I thought that 2019 would be my last roundup. She said let me get that on paper and have you sign it.

hurleyjd":xgth37c0 said:
Yesterday I penned some cows and calves. The calves were weaned about a month ago I have eighteen acres of rye grass that is coming on about six inches now. I separated about ten of these calves into the load out pen. I could get maybe 4 or 5 in the trailer and would turn to gather some more to load abut the time you had the other group the ones in the trailer were unloading. Finally got six loaded and shut tail gate and hauled them. Looked the situation over and decided to load through the head gate. You could get six or seven in the chute and would get to the trailer and stop. Finally one wold load and then somewhere. Go and get six or seven more in the chute and the ones on the trailer were unloading. Finally a cousin came by and helped me. I told my wife that I thought that 2019 would be my last roundup. She said let me get that on paper and have you sign it.
hurley get that lady a new pair of mud boots and tell her "come on".

TexasBred":24bs7xg7 said:
hurleyjd":24bs7xg7 said:

This June we will be together 59 years. She has helped in the past with everything. But she has problems that will not let her do a lot as she has done before. Think I would rather give up the cows than give her up.

hurleyjd":3g4z1oth said:
TexasBred":3g4z1oth said:
hurleyjd":3g4z1oth said:

This June we will be together 59 years. She has helped in the past with everything. But she has problems that will not let her do a lot as she has done before. Think I would rather give up the cows than give her up.

I'd have to have a think about that.

Ken

Latest posts