Motor Oil

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
Who makes the best motor oil? Conventional and synthetic perhaps could be separate topics. I use Motorcraft when the vehicle I buy has under 80,000 miles on it. If a vehicle has more miles than that when I buy it, I use whatever they were using before me so as not to rock the boat. I've had good luck with MC. I also like Valvoline, TropArtic, Quaker State, and Sunoco. I basically don't like Pennzoil, but I think it has improved, and I do use it in my truck. I have heard bad about Havoline when I was a boy, and it stuck with me.

Don't know who makes the best motor oil. I've used Shell Rotella in my diesel engines for several years and have been pleased with the service.

Don't know who makes the best motor oil. I've used Shell Rotella in my diesel engines for several years and have been pleased with the service.

Shell Rotella for diesels. Chevron Delo good too, but not as readily available down here. Being that it's usually warm here, I run straight 30 in the cool season and straight 40 in the warm season. Never had much faith in "multi viscosity".

Iuse Castrol or Valvoline with one jug of synthetic for its clinging
properties. Just don't use strait synthetic in a broken in engine it will
not dissolve the carbon deposits

I've been using Exxon diesel oil in the tractors and combines. I prefer pennzoil in my gas burners. I've never parked a truck because of a wore out engine. The bodies always give first w/ 250 or 300 miles on them.

JB

Medic24":832mxk6e said:
anyone ever use Amsoil? That is after you had to take out a loan to buy it?

I've used amsoil in my previous diesel truck with good results. The point of using the more expensive synthetics, is that you change the oil at a longer interval. A good rule of thumb is at 3,4, or 5000 miles, instead of doing a complete change as normal, you would just change the filter and add a quart to replace what was lost in the filter.

Latest posts