Motivation

Help Support CattleToday:

baleflipper

Reaction score
Back in 75 my wife got run over by a young horse. It burst her spleen. I only knew she was bad hurt and needed a hospital. Loaded her an my 5 year old daughter in back seat of a ford LTD,made Austin in record time,never saw a cop or Highway patrol.Drs operated and several hrs later told me she would make it.My inlaws had taken daughter to their house in Austin to let her rest as the surgery lasted up into the night.It was now good day light and I had been up all night. I picked up daughter and headed to house to rest. On way home I passed a pasture I had moved all the cows out of but one wild one.The wild one was out in open. Got home only horse up was the green broke colt.Caught it saddled it an me and daughter made it to pasture ok. Wild thing was still out in opening and I got a rope on it in good time.The colt didnt like things but was hard pressed to do any thing with a cow pulling on it .Got cow up to trailer and pitched my rope over my drag hook on tail of trailer. Got down and put another rope on cow passed it throught the slats on trailer and tied it to hitch pipe on front of trailer. Got on colt and let cow go back on the second rope so I could pass the one I had on saddle horn thru side of trailer to drag cow into trailer.So far things were going ok.Put colt againts rope and tried to get it to pull cow into trailer.Colt would get rope tight then quit pulling.I got mad,got down behind colt with the hot shot. Colt jumped straight up in the air the cow ran backwards pulling colt upside down against side of the truck.Colt could not roll to get up because the saddle was away from truck and colts feet were beating door off the truck.I cut the girth laces to let colt up as the second rope still had the cow.Led colt to a tree and tied him.Unhooked the trailer leaving it with cow tied to it. It was time to go back to hospital and check on the wife.
Wife was ok but asleep. Dr said leave her rest. I headed back to pasture with Daughter,stopped and got a friend to help load the cow.Got back to pasture horses back was all swollen where it had hit the ground so could not use him.
Friend had rope dallied around front hitch pipe on trailer and I twisted the cows tail until the cow got to the rear of the trailer.I grabbed a tail gate in each hand and was trying to push the cow into the trailer,friend was pulling on the rope. Told my daughter to hit the cow with the hot shot.Daughter missed cow an hit me. I loaded the cow.
To this day daughter says dad can do any thing if you get behind him and buzz a hot shot.
Proper Motivation! Shocking aint it!

thats why i wont allow any1 behind me that has a hotshot in their hand.i dont want to get tapped with it.

Latest posts