MOST TENDER

Help Support CattleToday:

Completely disregarding marbling and other aspects, The most tender beef comes from cattle with big muscle, such as blondes, piedmontese and limousine. Such breeds have far more muscle than they need to move. Hence their muscle do not get so dark fom blood vessel and not so tough from trainig. Also this is why calves of most breeds are tender and why really old cows usually are tougher (they walked longer!) Big muscle breeds stay "young" longer, meat wise.

piedmontese":3fgcmxak said:
what breed of beef do u think is the most tender?
Well, I have consumed a lot of beef over the years from Holstein to Hereford and many crosses in between to Piedmontese. In my opinion (which is what you asked for) I have to say that the most tasty tender beef I have ever eaten is the Piedmontese. The very most tender ever was a calf that we processed at 450#, but guess that is called veal rather than "beef", right??? He was what they call rose veal, cuz he consumed solids as well as milk. It was amazing.

ANAZAZI":wr08jria said:
Completely disregarding marbling and other aspects, The most tender beef comes from cattle with big muscle, such as blondes, piedmontese and limousine. Such breeds have far more muscle than they need to move. Hence their muscle do not get so dark fom blood vessel and not so tough from trainig. Also this is why calves of most breeds are tender and why really old cows usually are tougher (they walked longer!) Big muscle breeds stay "young" longer, meat wise.

Typically the British breeds are much more tender than continentals.

Latest posts