Morning Chores

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":9dqf8iso said:
On all the rain days we've been Building some traps to sell . What kinda door do you prefer. Saloon, guillotine or root?

Guillotine with a long pin so you can make it easy or harder to trip depending on the size hog your after.
If there to easy the little devils will trip it before the big ones go in.

It is also easier to get the dead ones out the guillotine.
The saloon door is the most difficult trap I have to get a big hog out.
Another thing I like about the guillotine is I can see is has been tripped at the back of the pasture with a pair of binoculars.

These have had so much pressure on them the root door just gets the smaller hogs.

Caustic Burno":rs3b7mql said:
callmefence":rs3b7mql said:
On all the rain days we've been Building some traps to sell . What kinda door do you prefer. Saloon, guillotine or root?

Guillotine with a long pin so you can make it easy or harder to trip depending on the size hog your after.
If there to easy the little devils will trip it before the big ones go in.

It is also easier to get the dead ones out the guillotine.
The saloon door is the most difficult trap I have to get a big hog out.
Another thing I like about the guillotine is I can see is has been tripped at the back of the pasture with a pair of binoculars.

These have had so much pressure on them the root door just gets the smaller hogs.
Dad always said if you wanna find a quick easy way to do something hire a lazy sob. :lol: :hide:

Caustic Burno":3b4hw2zs said:
TB with age comes wisdom and a wore out back.
I get on the tractor now you have to line me up on a tree to see if I am moving.
:lol: :lol: ( I know what you mean)

I don't know where they all went around here. Other than the one I ran over Christmas morning, I haven't seen a feral hog here in over a year or any sign of them.
No, I'm not complaining.

greybeard":3n8nb5a5 said:
I don't know where they all went around here. Other than the one I ran over Christmas morning, I haven't seen a feral hog here in over a year or any sign of them.
No, I'm not complaining.
That makes 48 trapped this year and six shot in the pasture.

Gday All! been reading the board for a bit and this is my first time posting. I worked on sheep and cattle stations out in Queensland Australia back in college doing a bit of fencing and roo shooting and miss it a bit! I now live in the Big Smoke (Los Angeles) but am dying to get out and enjoy the silence and solitude of the back paddock.

I have been getting into long range precision shooting (1000yard+) competitions and thought that doing some pig shooting would be an awful lot of fun.

If any of you need some hogs or coyotes introduced to a 210gr berger vld....just let me know! I travel a lot for work and have plenty of time when I am not

Latest posts