More Rustlers

Help Support CattleToday:

El_Putzo

Reaction score
This is from the local news:

More Cattle Rustling In Mid-Missouri

Cattle Rustlers struck Mid-Missouri again over the weekend. In August, we showed you how cow-thieves stole from a Miller County farmer's herd, twice, taking about twenty-five thousand dollars worth of cattle. And now just this weekend, cattle-rustlers struck again, stealing seventeen more cows from a Morgan County farmer.

It's not just happening here in the heart-of-Missouri.
In the southwest part of the state, thieves have struck almost every county, multiple times, often ferrying the cows of to market in Oklahoma. It's similar to another Morgan county theft earlier this year where a hundred head were taken. Sheriff Jim Petty says the thieves took a truck, loaded the cattle at the edge of town, and took them out of state. He says farmers should keep an extra close eye on the herds because cattle prices are at an all-time high.

If you have information on this weekend's cattle-rustling in Morgan county, you are urged to call the Morgan County Sheriff's Department. Miller County authorities are still working Bill Brand's case.

Bill Brand lives down the road from me about 12 miles.

The wife works with a fellow from Monett. A neighbor of his lost some calves Sun. night. They don't seem to be stopping for the 5-10 lots though. Seems everything I've heard about is 20 or more. An option gaining popularity here is live security.

dj":1kppukxa said:
The wife works with a fellow from Monett. A neighbor of his lost some calves Sun. night. They don't seem to be stopping for the 5-10 lots though. Seems everything I've heard about is 20 or more. An option gaining popularity here is live security.

Tell me more about this "live security".

Some of the bigger places are hiring security firms for live patrol.

El_Putzo":33ppvjfy said:
dj":33ppvjfy said:

Tell me more about this "live security".

Its called a boat load of coffee and the scattergun ;-)

Most parts of Canada are way too politically correct, but around our area, rustlers better be packin', b/c I'll ask questions later. Ya dial 911 after everyone's got their story straight. If that ain't live security, I don't know what is.

Some cattle were stolen in Northern Alberta a while back, and they just found em in Ontario somewhere. Supposedly have some guy in custody.

Is it just me, or could alot of our problems be solved like this:

Rape/Child abuse - sharp knife

Rustling/Theft - short rope, tall tree

Murder - victim's family discretion

I think I'll do a poll.

purecountry":3hpcvwj2 said:
Is it just me, or could alot of our problems be solved like this:

Rape/Child abuse - sharp knife

Rustling/Theft - short rope, tall tree

Murder - victim's family discretion

I think I'll do a poll.

I believe ya be right about this, purecountry, but why bother sharpenin the knife? :D :D :D

george

If the knife ain,t sharp they will bleed out to fast and won,t suffer.

There were a few bunches of cattle stolen on highway 14 between Nixa and Billings, Missouri. Each bunch was loaded in sight of the road and during the daylight. With the amount of rustling going on now, it is a bad sign for the winter when cattle are used to coming to a truck for hay or grain

Latest posts