More pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Grand Chaser

Reaction score
The first picture is of my steer the same one as in the last post i did on my calves i took it about 2 days ago and the other one is a picture of my Who Made Who heifer that i can't show because i missed the registation deadline. :( i'll get more to post this weekend and the steers show is on March 2nd

Stymie Joe a Heat Wave calf
9df4d0be.jpg

Darla Who a Who Made Who calf
04620abb.jpg

Nice calves. Got anymore pictures of the heifer? I'd like to see more of her. We've got a Who Made Who calf coming in the summer. What breed was the dam she's out of? The steer's got nice depth and a nice rump to him. A little weak over his topline it looks like (might could be because his head is down but i'm pretty sure he's got a little dip in it) and I'd like to see him exhibit more bone. If you keep that hair worked, you might be able to bone his legs real good for show (if it's fitted). How old is he? How much does he weigh?

SCfarms":2vjzvaai said:
What breeds are a Club Calf? And how many?
A club calf can be registered as as many breeds as is possible. It depends on the fraction of the breed the association requires a calf to have in order to be registered as such. For example...let's say your calf only has to be 1/8 chi to be a registered Chi and 7/8 Shorthorn to be a shorthorn. Well if you've got a Chi x Shorthorn club calf with the right mixture in it so that it's 1/8 Chi and 7/8 Shorthorn, than you can register it as both breeds. Club calves are just mixed breed cattle. Usually, because of their crosses, they are superior. Who Made Who is a registered Chi and a registered Maine. He's a very nice bull. Here's a picture of him.
whomadewho_medium.jpg

At the time no i don't have any more pictures of the heifer but i will get more of her over the weekend. my steer is 17 months i belive i'm not for sure and he weighs around 1200 lbs i will no for sure hom much he weighs on sunday so monday night i will tell you all. but back to the heifer her dam is a simmental i belive i'll have to look at her blood lines when i get home(i'm at school right now). And i agree with you i would love for the steer to have a wider top line and a larger bone size. we thought he would be bigger at this time but he mediumed out on us! and it looks like he dosn't have alot of hair but he dose it just dosn't like to pop and it only dose when i wash him. But he hase great leg hair to work with and i love to bone the legs so i really take alot of time on them.

It's funny how they like the fronts on those show calves, isn't it? Makes their heads look like the Lock Ness monster. :cboy:

TheBullLady":p2jrffmf said:
It's funny how they like the fronts on those show calves, isn't it? Makes their heads look like the Lock Ness monster. :cboy:
It does in a way, lol. While he's got a real clean front I've gotta say his actually looks a little more feminine than I'd like to see on a bull.

How old is wmw in that picture, I am looking for an angus bull right now( i know wmw isnt angus) but I am passing up any bull with a lot of hair in the picture, it can hide alot of things. I have heard that wmw calves have been bad walkers

Grand Chaser, Your steer looks like his finishing well and should hang a nice carcass. He could use some extension in his neck, and looks to be a little straight in front. He should dress up nicely. The heifer looks good form the front. Who Made Who has been a tremendous show steer producer by passing down a lot of hard muscle, straight lines, good necks, and hair. His heifers have not been that productive in the show ring, partly because of the regularly occuring leg problems, but mostly because his heifers rarely get big enough. WMW is well known as a frame reducer.

SCfarms":28mxwply said:
What breeds are a Club Calf? And how many?
The term "Club Calf" originated many years ago as those calves purchased by the 4-H Clubs for their local Fat Stock Shows. There were hardly ever any registered calves. Breeders who were trying to "test" their steers through the results of the local Junior carcass contests, and rate-of-gain became known as Club Calf Breeders.

I have had another steer a couple of years back whos feet wouldn't grow and he had the hair neck and head of wmw so i'm guessing thats was his sire since the breeder never told us. But this heifer dose walk like a duck and has been knocked for it alot. Heres some more pictures of the steer and the heifer.

The steer
DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0342.jpg

The heifer
DSCN0351.jpg

DSCN0347.jpg

DSCN0346.jpg

Sorry for the shadows! it was about 4ish when i took the pictures earlier today! And by the way the steer weighed in at 1228 but the scales were off by 50 to 60 pounds. We have to re-weigh them next tuesday

Definitely a nice steer. I'm curious to see how you do with him. Good luck. :)

It's a little hard to tell about the heifer but she looks pretty nice from what I can see. Definitely got a lot of hair to her.

What don't you like about the heifer? :?: She is like my irritating bellering fuzzy kid. and every one else down here loves her too. i've had 6 offers on her and i don't even get to show her!(i missed the registration date)

Sorry Chaser, gotta go with 13 on this one.
Judging from the pics, she's weak in girth, top, and rear.

But then that's just my opinion, it and 1.00 might get you a cup of coffee. Good luck.

no actually they offered alot more than a dollar. :) but i like her and yes those pictures are not of the best abilty that i have. i think the shadows are throwing y'all off. but i like her and thats ALL that maters.

Grand Chaser":xq9zhnck said:
no actually they offered alot more than a dollar. :) but i like her and yes those pictures are not of the best abilty that i have. i think the shadows are throwing y'all off. but i like her and thats ALL that maters.

I meant my opininion and a dollar could get a cup!!

She looks pretty good to me-the angles of the photos kind of throw you off when looking at her but I don't see that she's weak in the topline. Hey, if you like her that's what truly matters. That's how I feel about some of my cattle.

Rustler9":1w9kswdv said:
Hey, if you like her that's what truly matters. That's how I feel about some of my cattle.

yes i really do like her alot. and i'm sorry about my post from yesterday i was being rude i was having a bad day. but i think the angles of the pictures are whats throwing y'all off because she looks everything y'all said in those pictures but shes not. and she dosn't have alot fo eye apeal to her but not alot of black calves do.

Latest posts