More on subsidies

Help Support CattleToday:

I do not think rich guys aka Ted Turner, etc.. should get money just because they own land, they buy the land as a tax write off, I think there should be a distinction between the people who buy land for tax breaks, and the ones who are family farms, dairies, beef operations, etc... Seems to me you should have to show that you work on your farm, make money from it, to collect anything.

If they want to abolish all Farm bills, then they should also abolish the welfare system, which promotes young girls, families to have kid after kid after kid, with no incentive to get off, and support thier own families.

GMN

I thought Ted Turner ran some sort of big Buffalo meat operation on his land out west, could be wrong though and either way he hardly needs the money.

Tegerian":opb52t41 said:
I thought Ted Turner ran some sort of big Buffalo meat operation on his land out west, could be wrong though and either way he hardly needs the money.

Yes he owns land that has Buffalo on it, but he hires all the work done.

GMN

Tegerian":355ytfrs said:
seems like heard somewhere that ted turner owns close to 2 million acs.an there is a money cap on the amount of sub money you can receive.an i also heard that if your farm sales are more than $2.5a yr.your no allowed to file afor an collect farm subs.

bigbull338":2fwve14o said:
Tegerian":2fwve14o said:
seems like heard somewhere that ted turner owns close to 2 million acs.an there is a money cap on the amount of sub money you can receive.an i also heard that if your farm sales are more than $2.5a yr.your no allowed to file afor an collect farm subs.

Yes there is a cap, I think they have lowered it now, but I still say anyone who makes 1-2 million a year really doesn't need it to begin with, plus the fact that he buys land just to help with his taxes, says it all there.

GMN

bigbull338":1q3fdj5r said:
Tegerian":1q3fdj5r said:

The only "Caps" I know of on subsidies is an amount per entity.

The same person could form 20 different corprorations and have 20 separate entities.

Right now, the Cap is $360,000.00 per year.

Yes Turner has land out here and has bison on it, including wolves. Nice gift for his neighbors that raise cattle. Nice to know that he has the government testing anti wolf projects on his place. Makes you wonder how much they are paying him for that.
Did you ever hear about a group Buffalo Nation? They are the ones that do not want the bison in Yellowstone Park shot. Turner pays for the log house they live in and he also pays the bail money to get them out of jail when they chain themselves to trailers.
Story going around don't know if it is true or not. He and Fonda went into a small cafe and started making demands. Owner kicked them both out and told them to never return because he was a Vietnam Vet.

MikeC":1gciyixi said:
bigbull338":1gciyixi said:
Tegerian":1gciyixi said:

The same person could form 20 different corprorations and have 20 separate entities.

mike im gonna dissagree with you on setting up alot of farms.i know people that farmed sweet taters.an they was on the farm program.an they split the farm up.an signed up like 3 farms.well they got caught at it.an lost the right to sign up for the subs for so meny years.so no it isnt worth trying what your talking bout.

The playing field should be level, period.

If someone is successful farming, they shouldn't be punished for it.

GMN":3awm6aou said:
I do not think rich guys aka Ted Turner, etc.. should get money just because they own land, they buy the land as a tax write off, I think there should be a distinction between the people who buy land for tax breaks, and the ones who are family farms, dairies, beef operations, etc... Seems to me you should have to show that you work on your farm, make money from it, to collect anything.

If they want to abolish all Farm bills, then they should also abolish the welfare system, which promotes young girls, families to have kid after kid after kid, with no incentive to get off, and support thier own families.

GMN

i agree with GMN, on both his points actually. our agricultural system is turning into a medieval feudal society, where rich absentee landowners own everything and the locals who use the land have no real say or stake in it. And regarding welfare, quite awhile back i read that if the govt. would take every single person on welfare, and on Jan 1st, just them $80,000, it would be cheaper than the system we have right now, because of the buearucrats, waste, etc etc.

bigbull338":h100jdzj said:
MikeC":h100jdzj said:
bigbull338":h100jdzj said:
Tegerian":h100jdzj said:

mike im gonna dissagree with you on setting up alot of farms.i know people that farmed sweet taters.an they was on the farm program.an they split the farm up.an signed up like 3 farms.well they got caught at it.an lost the right to sign up for the subs for so meny years.so no it isnt worth trying what your talking bout.

You can disagree all you want but it don't make you right. Look at the following link and click on "Ownership Interests" near the top of the page. Scroll down.

This is all the same family. :roll:

Be glad you ain't betting.............. :roll:

Now tell me why they set up all these Corporations with the same people as owners?

http://farm.ewg.org/sites/farm/personde ... =009232767

Latest posts