More baby ankle-biter (Dexter) pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

Little Cow

Reaction score
Couldn't help it. I was bored while waiting for the vet for about an hour and a half yesterday, (vaccine time for horses). So, I got some pictures around the farm.

The cows, of course:
April at two weeks.
ZYMay005.jpg

Easter at three weeks.
ZYMay033.jpg

Looking for trouble in the feeder.
ZYMay035.jpg

Tongue sticking out.
ZYMay013.jpg

More pictures...

We had to fight with Donkey-o-tee, (pronounced like Don Quixote), to vaccinate him. It took three of us, a twitch and a few bruises, but we prevailed. Donkey was so mad, he pouted afterwards:
ZYMay085.jpg

Before the vet arrived, the horses were bored and did not understand why they were brought in early from the pasture and not fed.
Mid-yawn from Allie.
ZYMay060.jpg

Sleepy Phoenix.
ZYMay042.jpg

So, where did I suddenly get all this free time? Finals are OVER!!! My first semester back in school since I got out of the military last year, (working on a graduate degree in biology). A bit of a culture shock, but, hey, no more deployments! :D

Thanks for looking! ;-)

Great pics...especially Donkey-o-tee!

Would love to have that barn... ;-)

Stay after that graduate degree...and thanks for serving our country!

Van

Thanks, vbd!

Well, I wasn't going to 'fess up, but I am planning on applying to vet school. :D That was actually the entire reason for leaving the military after nine years of service, (I had originally planned on staying for twenty).

Great looking Dexters!

My brother raises Dexters on his ranch in SW Texas (Ft. Davis area). He's got one more to calve this spring. His birth weights have ranged between 49 and 53 lbs. He has a red Dexter bull and trying for more red Dexters...so far about 50/50 red/black and 50/50 bull/heifer calves...lol.

RA Bill,

I was lucky to get two heifers. Still not sure what color they will be...

Thanks, Alice!

Little Cow,
Those are really good pic's. That Donkey is really making a face. I bet he was a doozie when the vet came out.

You have a neat place. I think you need to come hang out here for the summer and get us straightened out.
Chuckie

Thanks Chuckie! Appreciate the comments. Hubby and I did the fencing and a contractor built most of the barn with hubby and I adding the finishing touches. We also built a chute and a homemade squeeze. So far, our designs seem to work for our cattle. We have more work, (as always on a farm), but we take it one project at a time.

It took three of us, a twitch, and a stout post, but Donkey is vaccinated. Hence the pouty face. I swear he's like a human three year old... :lol: