Moon

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Moon is killin me right now.
Go look in the pasture about 9 and there are herds of dang deer.
Been trying to kill a couple before season ends for a family that needs some help.

And the problem is? You have deer and light to see them and surely a rifle to shoot them so whats the holdup. There are plenty of deer and you have someone needing one. Shoot them.

kenny thomas":13k1zy6q said:
And the problem is? You have deer and light to see them and surely a rifle to shoot them so whats the holdup. There are plenty of deer and you have someone needing one. Shoot them.

Problem is I have a neighbor that has moved in about 1/2 mile down the road and thinks he owns them all or I would have already solved this.

I know most people try to obey the laws but its hard for me to tell a hungry person I cant shoot a deer because season is not in. I usually just tell them when they hear the truck stop to look outside in 5 minutes or so. With the moonlight tonight you dont even need a light.

kenny thomas":2itxu2nn said:
I know most people try to obey the laws but its hard for me to tell a hungry person I cant shoot a deer because season is not in. I usually just tell them when they hear the truck stop to look outside in 5 minutes or so. With the moonlight tonight you dont even need a light.

Guy came down with cancer his job let him go and he is having to pay COBRA prices for insurance.
Several of us have been helping them out with gas money for trips to chemo and some meat.

Caustic Burno":2880ic5w said:
kenny thomas":2880ic5w said:

Guy came down with cancer his job let him go and he is having to pay COBRA prices for insurance.
Several of us have been helping them out with gas money for trips to chemo and some meat.

There should be provisions for the needy that cant help themselves not just for the lazy ones. The lazy ones can get out and hunt their own. Some here get a box of meat or a case of can goods sometimes. Its the right thing to do.

The family has there back against the wall he is in his mid 50's made decent money worked all his life.
Filed for SS disability and they turned him down. Who in the world is going to hire the guy with cancer no company is going to want to put him on their benefits plan. I gave his wife 50 bucks today for gas and she broke down in tears saying after they paid utilities and insurance on her salary they were flat broke. I am going to call a mens meeting at church and see if we can't give them some help.

I got 6 doe's hanging from yesterday afternoon. Next week the fun starts, should be some good eating. They all had twins and 2 were short bred on the December moon. The deer are pawing the turnips out of the ground and eating the root already. Most years this doesn't happen till the middle of February. I am wondering if it has something to do with it getting so cold last week?? That's the way this country works now, if you've worked you can't get help.

highgrit":14oo25qm said:
I got 6 doe's hanging from yesterday afternoon. Next week the fun starts, should be some good eating. They all had twins and 2 were short bred on the December moon. The deer are pawing the turnips out of the ground and eating the root already. Most years this doesn't happen till the middle of February. I am wondering if it has something to do with it getting so cold last week?? That's the way this country works now, if you've worked you can't get help.

You got that right. Both of them have worked all their lives paying in.
She is having to drive him to chemo three times a week 120 miles round trip.

Caustic Burno":3rxx6zjf said:
The family has there back against the wall he is in his mid 50's made decent money worked all his life.
Filed for SS disability and they turned him down. Who in the world is going to hire the guy with cancer no company is going to want to put him on their benefits plan. I gave his wife 50 bucks today for gas and she broke down in tears saying after they paid utilities and insurance on her salary they were flat broke. I am going to call a mens meeting at church and see if we can't give them some help.

With recent operations I checked on this also. First I was told I would have to be off work for a year and then would probably be dinied the first time. I could make it that long but many people couldn't. I wonder what some of these young deadbeats done to get disability because they have never had a job to be disabled from.

Well I went to Emory for my back troubles. My Dentist went there and said they did charity work for those without insurance. Well we drove to Atlanta 3 times and spent $450.00 on X-rays and blood work before they would operate. My share for the charity work came out to be $37,500 and I showed my azz real well before I left. Now there was a bunch of blacks and Mexicans with kids running around screaming that got worked on for nothing I am sure. We need to help people that have helped this country and paid taxes. Way before we help the one's that live off our tax dollars and run this country down. Sorry for the hijack, but this is kind of stuff BS.

highgrit I totally agree. My wife pays the bills and I told her not to tell me how much our portion of the operations was. I ask her recently and she said I didnt need to know it would just make me mad. Now after Jan 1 I have to pay 3,000 deductable again before they insurance kicks in again.
CB, if the game warden comes snooping around just tell him it was the guy with the Phil Robinson beard from Virginia that done it.

jedstivers":38lyqiy7 said:
You need a suppressed rifle for just such and occasion.
I was gonna call it " an opportunity for an upgrade".....or will a potato really......but hey I like the way you think too. Peace.

kenny thomas":3vutn4bd said:
highgrit I totally agree. My wife pays the bills and I told her not to tell me how much our portion of the operations was. I ask her recently and she said I didnt need to know it would just make me mad. Now after Jan 1 I have to pay 3,000 deductable again before they insurance kicks in again.
CB, if the game warden comes snooping around just tell him it was the guy with the Phil Robinson beard from Virginia that done it.

The GW is on speed dial and we got a new trying to make a name for himself.

CB, what about initiating one of those clean your freezer out kind of events? We have them annually around here that gets donated to the homeless diners. Glad to see people helping people!

Caustic Burno":s3o6k3ky said:
kenny thomas":s3o6k3ky said:

The GW is on speed dial and we got a new trying to make a name for himself.
Heck if he caught me in the Big Thicket he would have a big name for himself. I couldnt find myself in there. :oops:

Caustic Burno":3nlvl9eb said:
This is the time of the month when I write out the "giving" checks.
PM me where to send it and I will juggle the numbers to include a donation on this deal.
I can send it to them or to you and let you handle it.

Ryder":3iamo8gf said:
Caustic Burno":3iamo8gf said:
This is the time of the month when I write out the "giving" checks.
PM me where to send it and I will juggle the numbers to include a donation on this deal.
I can send it to them or to you and let you handle it.

PM sent

CB I don't no how it works in Texas. But here the AGF management guys does some deer kills to draw some blood samples and what not. They will donate those deer to folks in need if they no about it.

Latest posts