Monumental Discovery

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
It is indeed a bad idea to pull both arms out of a water trough, wet to the elbows, and touch a woven wire fence when it is 10F. Don't ask me how I know.

cfpinz

cfpinz":ox7zsaka said:
It is indeed a bad idea to pull both arms out of a water trough, wet to the elbows, and touch a woven wire fence when it is 10F. Don't ask me how I know.

cfpinz

I bet you stiuck your tongue to a metal post in winter too

dun

novatech":3vvv84y9 said:
cf; I was told if you pee on one it won't get you.

Let us know.

Just woven wire, not electric. But since we are on the subject of my greatest discoveries here's another: The bottom burner in an electric range has current even when the switch is off. Was changing one for my Mom, took the screws out, started pulling the burner from the socket when the terminal hit the side of stove. 1/2 second and a massive fireball later I was laying on her kitchen floor. After that I threw the breaker and proceded to pick up the element. Four burnt fingers and one severly large thumb later I put on gloves. I can still hear the old man laughing from his recliner. I like to think of myself as a learn-as-you-go kind of guy.

cfpinz

Got my gloves wet yesterday when filling the water trough. When I grabbed the gate, the left one stuck immediately. The weather liars say it's supposed to get into the upper 30s and rain today so it should be loose when I get home this evening. I'm sure no critters will carry it off.

I learned something when I was a kid. When you step in a fresh warm cow patty barefoot and try to sling it off of your foot, it will hit you right in the face. :shock:

I found out a couple of years ago that it's a bad idea to stand up on your toes and lean in to try to reach a stuck valve at the bottom of a tank when water's pouring out of the tank onto the ice under your feet. :oops: Invigorating, to say the least. Threw a bunch of wet clothes onto the concrete floor of the shop. Went in the house to dry off and change clothes. Came back out and all of my clothes were frozen to the floor.

It's also a bad idea to try to mow a sidehill in your yard 1 last time before winter when you're 1, alone, and 2, 8 1/2 months pregnant.
(Got stuck in a spot where the "reverse" just made the tires spin, couldn't go forward, and was too fat to get off the darn thing. Just sat there and cried 'till someone came home and stopped laughing long enough to pull me off the thing. Now I have a flatter yard, and KIDS to mow.)

cfpinz":11j2c8vq said:
novatech":11j2c8vq said:
cf; I was told if you pee on one it won't get you.

Let us know.

Just woven wire, not electric. But since we are on the subject of my greatest discoveries here's another: The bottom burner in an electric range has current even when the switch is off. Was changing one for my Mom, took the screws out, started pulling the burner from the socket when the terminal hit the side of stove. 1/2 second and a massive fireball later I was laying on her kitchen floor. After that I threw the breaker and proceded to pick up the element. Four burnt fingers and one severly large thumb later I put on gloves. I can still hear the old man laughing from his recliner. I like to think of myself as a learn-as-you-go kind of guy.

cfpinz

you sound like my Husband, he is always doing things like that. thanks for the laugh.

my nephew was rinsing out and filling water barrow for horses last summer and he learned the hard way, don't stand where you were rinsing out barrow, hold water hose and touch electric fence. :shock:

dun":w90n1stx said:
cfpinz":w90n1stx said:

cfpinz

I bet you stiuck your tongue to a metal post in winter too

dun

When I was a little guy in Minnesota I licked the slide in subzero weather. My screams brough my mother running out of the house with a potful of warm water to pour down the slide to detach me.

You would think I would have thought about that the other day before I tried blowing the water out of the hose I use to fill the stock tanks.

Some people never learn.

A guy that used to be a friend of mine was easy to convince to pee on the magneto of a tractor to warm it up so the tractor would start.

dun

The important words in this sentence are
"used to be" They should be highlighted....

MD

redfornow":3o7showe said:

MD

I can't decide whether he ended the friendship or died of electric shock. :lol:

cfpinz

cfpinz":213pu68d said:
redfornow":213pu68d said:

MD

I can't decide whether he ended the friendship or died of electric shock. :lol:

cfpinz

BOTH :oops:

Latest posts