Monogamy

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman":1dzfht0r said:
A C those dillers must be a recent thing in Mo.I had never seen one when I grew up there but I see and shoot plenty here in Tex.

Cal
are you a texas native[/quote]

No sir,I was born and raised in mo. and left there at the age of seventeen.Joined the army and kinda drifted around. When I got out of the army,I lived in ohio for a while,then Oklahoma,then drifted off down here in texas.Been here the past 24 year and will probably finish up here.
Lots of family still in Mo.

Cal[/quote] I knew it..... that tea thing was a dead giveaway

Calman":3cax927l said:
HerefordSire":3cax927l said:
Cal...one must acquire a taste (scent) of skunk to enjoy it....similar to whiskey and beer. The smell is terrible until your palate learns to express the true acorn aroma.

Maby so,but there's just some things that acquiring a taste or smell for just ain't gonna happen.
I have tried for years to like a taste for tea since everybody drinks tea. Still cant get past the smell. :frowns:

A C those dillers must be a recent thing in Mo.I had never seen one when I grew up there but I see and shoot plenty here in Tex.

Cal
Cal the first Diller I seen around here was at Northveiw Mo in 1987 a friend of mine didn't know what it was and he called me to come look at it

We have lots of em now
The easiest time to kill them is late winter when it starts warming up in the afternoon cause they get real active

Cal[/quote]
Cal the first Diller I seen around here was at Northveiw Mo in 1987 a friend of mine didn't know what it was and he called me to come look at it

We have lots of em now
The easiest time to kill them is late winter when it starts warming up in the afternoon cause they get real active[/quote]

If I had seen one as a kid I would have probably thought it was a possum caught in a turtle shell. :lol:
We had plenty of the grey timber wolves too.Remember wolf hunting with wolf dogs. We didn't have yotes either. Maby the drought here in the southwest moved them farther east and north searching for food. A jack Rabbit is about all gone here.Havent seen one in several years.
About three years ago I saw a lot of evidence of wild hogs around Centerville Mo.
When I was a kid in mo we had open range and the hogs were plenty in the woods and if they were not marked with a notch in their ear they were free game.
Mountain lion(panther),honey bear,and timber wolve,was not uncommon to see. But now this was around 50 years ago too.
I will be headed back there sometime in july for a family reunion.

Cal

About 5 yrs ago Missouri didn't have a hog population according to the MDC officer I asked then about 6 weeks later he calls me and says that Mo has a hog population that we cannot control

We had some show up here about 3yrs ago but they were only here for about 3 months then they moved south about 15 miles they beleive it was because of the hunting pressure because we have several guys that hunt them hard around here with dogs and mules

when ya come up let me know maybe we can meet and have a glass of TEA :lol:
where is the reunion at ?

Angus Cowman":1g49qk5b said:
About 5 yrs ago Missouri didn't have a hog population according to the MDC officer I asked then about 6 weeks later he calls me and says that Mo has a hog population that we cannot control

We had some show up here about 3yrs ago but they were only here for about 3 months then they moved south about 15 miles they beleive it was because of the hunting pressure because we have several guys that hunt them hard around here with dogs and mules

I'll have to pass on the tea thing but would be more than glad to meet you.
We have the reunion at Suttons Bluff campground,about 6mi out of Centerville mo.Thats in Reynolds co.

Calman":3trx47rq said:
Angus Cowman":3trx47rq said:

I'll have to pass on the tea thing but would be more than glad to meet you.
We have the reunion at Suttons Bluff campground,about 6mi out of Centerville mo.Thats in Reynolds co.
That is east and a little north of me 80-100 miles
Just had to gig ya a little about the tea

Lammie":12k9dfkg said:
I once ate a cricket once by accident. They taste awful.
This reminds me of one of my favorite teaching/little boy stories. In Ak, I was working with a pair of first grade boys, and they were full of spit and sass. Anyhow, they were telling me about "dip-doolies" (we call them daddy-long-legs). They were telling me that dip doolies stink. I asked them how they would know this (only little boys are privy to this information). One of them says "Next time you see one, pick it up and pinch it between your fingers so it smashes, then smell your fingers." :eek: The other one is nodding to confirm. What?????
I still laugh when I think of that.

I ate a bunch of wood tics by mistake once. Gargled with vodka, and called it good enough! :drink:

Latest posts