Money Grubbers in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
See where they are trying to pass a beef check off here. Hope producers here vote that sucker down. The fed check off is bad enough !

tsonda4570":3ikxtqu5 said:
Care to explain why?

Yes now that you asked and I will try to keep it short.
1. This checkoff is to promote beef correct? Why do the vast majority of all commercials concerning beef, played in the Midwest? Sorta like playing to the choir. Thats also where you see the most signage.
2. Why does is seem that all folks with a little bit of say in the program are NCBA members? Seems like everyone should get a shot at some of these positions.
3. Are these programs to increase the beef product enjoyment and increase markets. If so, might I make a suggestion. I will give it to you free, save you millions and increase the enjoyment of beef !00 %. All meat should be aged before it is sold!!!! Sadly the packers have us chasing our tail most times.
Example. you gotta get a Angus bull, now a lot of people are using those Angus bulls....OOPs you gotta get a Angus bull that doesn't increase Yield Grades...Whats next who knows? At present they have been sorta quite with the lack of numbers of animals available to buy, but alas that will change and they will use your checkoff dollars to tell you the problems in your herd.

Latest posts