Moles! Moles! Moles!

Help Support CattleToday:

ArrowHBrand

Reaction score
We had moles in the pasture and they magically disappeared, or so I thought. Now they are taking over my lawn! They have killed half of our vegetable garden before I got some poison and atleast saved the tomatoes, now they have made their home in my lawn! I just put out a spear trap and an old fashioned put a tin can under a tunnel trap. Can someone help me quick!! My lawn is under siege!

Yup ! I tell you how to get rid of them. The moles are after worms and grubs. There is granuals that i think is used to get rid of ticks but also gets rid of grubs.

It is as simple as going to wally world buying the granuals and spreding the granuals on your yard and the moles will be history. It does not kill them but they move on to greener pastures sort of say. ;-)

Get yourself a "Mole Dog".

He'll dig up high heaven but the moles will be gone.

Lot's of breeds will work.

My favorite way is to find a new tunnel and cram the water hose in and flood the tunnel, wait a minute and you will see movement and go over and stomp the heck out of it. It is a very satisfying way of getting rid of some of the moles.
Another enjoyable way is to get the lawn chair and cold beverages and wait for the cat to start staring at the ground.

I spread some granules out and speared one with the trap. I haven't seen any more tunnels in my yard, but I find it hard to believe that one mole made all of that mess.

When you find something that really works, please share the info. I've had them in the yard for about 3 - 4 years now. Wasn't really concerned about them until this year, when they finally found the garden! Replanted sweetcorn 3 times, peas twice, greenbeans twice, ....I hate 'em!
Too large of yard to treat for grubs.

Good luck!

Old time gardeners planted some castor beans around in the garden. Supposed to keep moles away. I do not know if this works or not.

hurleyjd":26q7b00g said:
Old time gardeners planted some castor beans around in the garden. Supposed to keep moles away. I do not know if this works or not.

It works. Castor bean (Ricinus communis) has the poison ricin in it. (If it will kill Russian defectors, probably do a good job on moles as well.)

Several years ago we had a serious mole/pocket gopher? problem. Then, we started inheriting barn cats...now have 5 residents, plus last year started letting our terrier/pit mix dog run in yard from his large fenced pen...no...he doesn't go out front gate!

Now we rarely have a mole/gopher problem...just feed barn cats enough to give them energy to hunt.

Tried several of the "baits"...the mole/gophers just thought the bait was candy...obviously didn't work.

I posted a reply on another mole thread. I have been told to get some whirlygigs, or pinwheels and put them around the hills and they hate the noise. Or the stick of juicy fruit gum on top of the holes. I guess they hate the smell. There are also "teas" you can google and make to pour in the holes.

Or you can wait patiently with a .410 for one to stick out his head.

Moles are bad here, too. We do a little bit of everything. Nothing really works.