Mole in the house

Help Support CattleToday:

Kjfred

Reaction score
Thought we had another mouse. Usually fresh peanut butter in the trap gets em in a day but not thist time. The mrs just told me it was chewing on the kitchen floor while the freeloading cat sniffed it. Apparently hilarity ensued.
How the heck do you catch a mole in the house? Sticky traps?
I now assume the fresh digging in the basement stone wall i noticed the other day is his handy work. When i do finally catch him how do i keep another one from moving in?

Sticky trap is all I can think of. Sure it's not a vole? Looks like a mouse and a mole had a baby.

Years ago, a little critter, I reckoned it to be shrew got down in our basement stairwell and commenced to try to dig through the door. If I hadn't found it pretty quick, he would have likely went on through, couldn't believe how much damage the little varmit did to the door. It could have been a vole or mole, it was mouse size but different. We don't seem to be bothered with moles to bad here, an uncle that lived on the other side of the county used to be at war with moles all the time.
I would guess that a glue pad would be about the only way to catch one inside of a house.

Well i tend not to question the mrs any more than necessary as she is generally right. I reckon I'll get a positive id when i get home. Critter must be running out of food because she has updated with two more sightings in as many hours

Does not sound like a mole, sir. They are mostly blind insectivores that live under ground. It is more likely some other rodent if it is not a mouse.

Ky hills":3q7xogjq said:
Years ago, a little critter, I reckoned it to be shrew got down in our basement stairwell and commenced to try to dig through the door. If I hadn't found it pretty quick, he would have likely went on through, couldn't believe how much damage the little varmit did to the door. It could have been a vole or mole, it was mouse size but different. We don't seem to be bothered with moles to bad here, an uncle that lived on the other side of the county used to be at war with moles all the time.
I would guess that a glue pad would be about the only way to catch one inside of a house.
a shrew looks like a stunted mole..

ALACOWMAN":1jp97qu7 said:
Ky hills":1jp97qu7 said:
a shrew looks like a stunted mole..

Buddy, you need glasses.

Mole
3329yrt.jpg

Shrew
35bseft.jpg

Dogs had him corned under the freezer when i got home. One sticky trap and a little time was hus downfall. Sure made some strange noises when the dog got close to it.
Paws dont seem big enough for a mole. Nose doesnt seem pointy enough for a shrew and no visible ears. Never seen a mole in person so just goin by pictures

Kjfred":21vbb2gz said:
Dogs had him corned under the freezer when i got home. One sticky trap and a little time was hus downfall. Sure made some strange noises when the dog got close to it.
Paws dont seem big enough for a mole. Nose doesnt seem pointy enough for a shrew and no visible ears. Never seen a mole in person so just goin by pictures

It is a rodent. Not a mole or shrew. There are lots of species of small rodents. Voles, mice, rats, etc. The picture is not the best but I do see his front feet.

How long is it's tail? If it's about 1/3 of his body it's probably a field rat, it it's real stubby it;s a vole of some sort

TCRanch":10xkv0fr said:
I'm guessing mole, based on those nasty claws, the size and it doesn't look like it has any eyes. One down . . . . hopefully it doesn't have friends.

Not a mole. Mole has front feet that look like giant catchers mitts. The picture is too small on my screen but definitely not a mole. Here is a mole:
3329yrt.jpg

Bright Raven":1y0rd4de said:
TCRanch":1y0rd4de said:
I'm guessing mole, based on those nasty claws, the size and it doesn't look like it has any eyes. One down . . . . hopefully it doesn't have friends.

Not a mole. Mole has front feet that look like giant catchers mitts. The picture is too small on my screen but definitely not a mole. Here is a mole:
3329yrt.jpg
Oh dang! And I thought the feet in kjfred's pic looked big. But I'm still traumatized by my 'dillo invasion - all nasty claws look huge and destructive.

TCRanch":14q51t4h said:
Bright Raven":14q51t4h said:
TCRanch":14q51t4h said:

3329yrt.jpg
Oh dang! And I thought the feet in kjfred's pic looked big. But I'm still traumatized by my 'dillo invasion - all nasty claws look huge and destructive.

Lol. You know there is an old horror movie called "The Claw".

Well whatever the critter was at least he's caught. Hopefully he didnt have a family. Thanks everyone for the input

Latest posts