Mist Sprayers

Help Support CattleToday:

10-e-c-dirtfarmer

Reaction score
Does anyone use a Mist Sprayer? Only 2 brands that I know off, Big John or A1, is there any major problems with either?? (other than drift) :D

10-e-c-dirtfarmer":3px0u4b5 said:
Does anyone use a Mist Sprayer? Only 2 brands that I know off, Big John or A1, is there any major problems with either?? (other than drift) :D

Dirtfarmer, I have not used a "mist" sprayer but, just the word "mist" creates images of lack of agent control, litigation and liability to me. It takes just one free loading organic thistle farmer to claim that your "mist" screwed up his operation, to wreck your life. I would go the safe route by purchasing the traditional spray rig, calibrate it, add the necessary surfactan/chemicals and then get on with it.......unless you have plenty of liability insurance :D .

Read on the pesticides and you will find very few that are approved for use in a mist sprayer. Only ones I know for sure are in orchard use only.

Interesting request. Last time I replaced the nozzels on my spray rig I went out of my way to get "Low Drift" nozzels because of the issue of getting some of the stuff I would be spraying over onto my neighbors property. Same reason I don't use a "boomless" spray head.

Don't know what your application for mist nozzels might be but I would suggest you stay away from them.

Wow, Mist Sprayers are some of the best sprayers built today. I don't represent any company building mist sprayers but I know they are great pieces of equipment. I've seen them work several times and because they are mist, they cover more and are more effective than a normal sprayer. Unless you drive up to your neighbor fence and blast it on his property, you don't have to worry about a lot of that kind of drift. Just follow the instructions on the box and talk to a rep for more logical information.

Tex":do2kfdgp said:
Wow, Mist Sprayers are some of the best sprayers built today. I don't represent any company building mist sprayers but I know they are great pieces of equipment. I've seen them work several times and because they are mist, they cover more and are more effective than a normal sprayer. Unless you drive up to your neighbor fence and blast it on his property, you don't have to worry about a lot of that kind of drift. Just follow the instructions on the box and talk to a rep for more logical information.
yep...ya just sell them don't cha ;-)

personally I spray over 4500 acres and there have been some issues where have taken out corners of gardens or yards or flowers using my jd 4710 THERE IS NO WAY IN H... i would ever use a mist sprayer. They are good for wine vineyards and orchards maybe but really have no place anywhere else IMO

skyhightree1":3ckdse0y said:
personally I spray over 4500 acres and there have been some issues where have taken out corners of gardens or yards or flowers using my jd 4710 THERE IS NO WAY IN H... i would ever use a mist sprayer. They are good for wine vineyards and orchards maybe but really have no place anywhere else IMO
Same here. If the Forest Service or San Jacinto River Authority caught me using a mist sprayer here, I'd be UNDER the jail in 30 minutes. Mist sprayers might have their place, but it's not on my place.

Latest posts