Miscellaneous pics

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
DSCF0826.JPG

Tartans from the Buchanan clan, where the Gibb and Slorach (pronounced "Slor-a") family (from my Dad's mother's side) originated from. On the top left is the modern Buchanan tartan kilt, on the right is the women's tartan skirt.

DSCF0831.JPG

how to make Haggis...yummy...

DSCF0855.JPG

A bagpiper was invited to play for us Gibb folk. ;-) :D He's wearing the Campbell Tartan, also another clan that's part of the Gibb's family heritage and ancestral roots in both Scotland and Canada.

DSCF0878.JPG

An old wagon my aunt is usin that my dad and my uncle pulled out of the bush nearby

DSCF0883.JPG

Fallen willow(?) by the Gibb homestead south of town

DSCF0885.JPG

DSCF0886.JPG

Kinda hard to see with the grass, but it's really hilly in here, also by the Gibb homestead.

DSCF0887.JPG

Old abandoned grain bin, newer than the homestead though

DSCF0888.JPG

Path through the tall trees

DSCF0891.JPG

A Bunchberry plant

DSCF0921.JPG

dscf0922.jpg

Baling amidst the storm clouds (the ones that are to blame for four missing cattle and hail in the crops in the middle of the night)

DSCF0923.JPG

Same storm clouds, only this time it's behind the barn

DSCF0897.JPG

Blue-eyed Grass (flowers are very tiny and difficult to take a good pic of: this is the best out of 20)

DSCF0918.JPG

Sunset over the swathed hayfield (this should be put before the pic of baling amidst storm clouds....oh well.)

There, that should be enough pics for now! ;-) :lol:

Enjoy!

I especially liked the picture of the path. Very powerful. Did you also post a pic of the grain bin before but with snow?

I just watched a show on the travel channel showing how to make haggis. I don't know if that is something I would like to eat. I would like to try it though.

Jogeephus":23fu8j8b said:
I especially liked the picture of the path. Very powerful. Did you also post a pic of the grain bin before but with snow?

No, I don't think I did.

Victoria":23fu8j8b said:
Campbell is my mother's side

:shock: Really? Wow, you and me could be distant cousins then...

CUZ":385apqhm said:
Is Haggis the stuff you cook in an old tennis shoe and when it's done you throw the Haggis away and eat the tennis shoe? :)

Cuz

LOL no. It's cooked in sheep's gullet (stomach). Never tasted it, and luckly they never had any at the family reunion. :p ;-)

Thanks for the compliments folks.

IluvABbeef":byd6lhrc said:
CUZ":byd6lhrc said:
Is Haggis the stuff you cook in an old tennis shoe and when it's done you throw the Haggis away and eat the tennis shoe? :)

Cuz

LOL no. It's cooked in sheep's gullet (stomach). Never tasted it, and luckly they never had any at the family reunion. :p ;-)

Thanks for the compliments folks.

You must eat some - I love the stuff!

Bez>

Its good to see you keep your heritage alive. Some of your kinfolk - on the Gibbs side - live up the road from us. Good hardworking people. I think this is typical of the Scots and Irish that settled here.

Just out of curiousity, do any of your family suffer from primary hemochromotosis? My brother was diagnosed with this and his doctor said its hereditary - because of our lineage - it was brought about by the poor diet of our forefathers. He said Scots and Irish were more prone to this since our forefathers diet was lacking in iron and the body will overcompensate and store too much. He suggested that all our children be tested for this. Its no big deal, but if left unchecked liver damage can occur. Just curious.

IluvABbeef":1dawm2ij said:
Jogeephus":1dawm2ij said:

No, I don't think I did.

Victoria":1dawm2ij said:
Campbell is my mother's side

:shock: Really? Wow, you and me could be distant cousins then...

Campbell, McLean, McBane, McPhereden, Simpson, Shand, Winchester, Dingwell, Morrison, Boyd, Hubbard, McCallum

That's it for me from the islands. :D ;-)

As always I just love to see your pictures. If you don't mind I am going to paint the path. I sat and looked at it for awhile.Decided it would look good in my office.

Jogeephus":17t7cq19 said:
Its good to see you keep your heritage alive. Some of your kinfolk - on the Gibbs side - live up the road from us. Good hardworking people. I think this is typical of the Scots and Irish that settled here.

Just out of curiousity, do any of your family suffer from primary hemochromotosis? My brother was diagnosed with this and his doctor said its hereditary - because of our lineage - it was brought about by the poor diet of our forefathers. He said Scots and Irish were more prone to this since our forefathers diet was lacking in iron and the body will overcompensate and store too much. He suggested that all our children be tested for this. Its no big deal, but if left unchecked liver damage can occur. Just curious.

Thanks

No, acctually I've never heard of this disease, and I very much doubt if it even is in our family genes. Interesting though.

Joy in Texas":1tyfihnv said:
As always I just love to see your pictures. If you don't mind I am going to paint the path. I sat and looked at it for awhile.Decided it would look good in my office.

Actually I wouldn't mind one bit. Though the photo already looks like a painting at a glance, but sure, go ahead! (Can I see it when it's done?)

Latest posts